Backend Software Engineer at Vinted (Vilnius, Lithuania)
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-03-02 05:00:54
Vinted is Europe’s biggest pre-loved fashion marketplace, with 37 million members in 13 countries. Our mission is green: we want to make second-hand the first choice globally.
A team of over 600 people from Vinted’s offices in Vilnius, Berlin, Prague, and Utrecht develop and support our platform. We share a unique work culture that’s based on aiming high, taking ownership, co-creating, caring, and growth.
Vinted backend software engineers work in Product Engineering teams. These teams have all the main competences that are needed to ship new features to our members without outside help (cross-functional). Usually such teams have mobile platform developers (iOS, Android), web developers, and one or two backend software engineers. Backend software engineers are the ones who implement business logic and write APIs that our mobile and web platforms can use. Backend software engineers are also responsible for growing our backend platform to handle a wider scale.
Team Vinted is looking for a backend software engineer who’s skilled at writing elegant code and likes to work on big-scale projects. Your main aim will be preparing our product for the challenges that lie ahead and making sure it contributes to the Vinted vision of making second-hand the first choice.
This is a partly remote work opportunity, so you have the possibility to stay based in your city, and to only work in the Vilnius office 2-3 days per week (once the quarantine period has ended).
In this position, you will:
- Work in a team and shape the features to make our members’ life better.
- Apply Agile and Lean principles in your work.
- Collaborate with other developers through GitHub pull requests and code reviews.
- Write unit tests (RSpec) for all of the code you write. We have >10000 tests which run in ~5 minutes through our Jenkins setup.
- See your code affect 34 million users almost instantly. Our master branch gets rolled out straight to production on each merge. We deploy many times per day.
- Work with Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Memcached, Elasticsearch and many more technologies. We don't expect you to be familiar with any of them beforehand.
- Craft the code which can handle more than 2M requests per minute. Monitor your deployed code through Kibana, Grafana, DataDog and new tools that you will introduce :)
What do we expect:
- You should be willing to learn and master new technologies and concepts.
- We expect you to be familiar with most, and have deep knowledge in some (depending on your seniority) of the following disciplines: Software Engineering, Functional Programming, Data Structures, Algorithms, Machine Learning, Web Development, Systems Programming, Distributed Systems, Systems Architecture, Computer Science.
- Opportunity to join our share options programme
- Learning budget (13.2% from net yearly salary)
- 25 working days of holiday
- A canteen that serves homemade food at friendly prices
- Monthly team-building events
- Remote workout classes
- A personal budget for shopping on Vinted
The salary range for this position is 3300-6400 Eur GROSS / month. If this sounds interesting - you may well be just who we need.
We have a few positions available and we are looking for specialists with varying experience - from mid to senior. If you’re interested, contact us and we will be in touch with you.
Plus, take a look at engineering.vinted.com to see what we’re up to.