Staff Engineer at Vinted (Vilnius, Lithuania)
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-03-02 05:00:59
Vinted is Europe’s biggest pre-loved fashion marketplace, with 37 million members in 13 countries. Our mission is green: we want to make second-hand the first choice globally.
A team of over 600 people from Vinted’s offices in Vilnius, Berlin, Prague, and Utrecht develops and supports our platform. We share a unique work culture that’s based on aiming high, taking ownership, co-creating, caring, and growing.
As part of Vinted’s Growth domain, which works on the Vinted expansion, you’ll be an impactful technical individual contributor who works on driving the technical strategy and approach. You will give focus to the team on solving broader challenges, effectively communicate across the company and help to ensure that our solutions are scalable and performant. You will report to the domain Engineering Director as a people manager and work very closely with the Principal Engineer.
Here are some of the technologies we use: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Vitess, ElasticSearch, Ceph, Sensu, mcrouter, Memcached, Redis, Redis Sentinel, Kafka, JVM, Prometheus, Graphite, Grafana, Statsd, Nginx, git, Jenkins, Docker, Datadog, Kubernetes, Chef and CentOS 7.
In this position, you will:
- Work closely with engineers, improve and own Vinted’s expansion toolset, make sure new markets are launched smoothly and efficiently.
- Collaborate with leadership to set the best practices for software engineering.
- Be a voice of the engineering team and a technical leader when it comes to initiating and supporting projects across the domain and whole organisation.
- Collaborate with other developers through GitHub pull requests and code reviews
- Write unit tests (RSpec) for all of the code you write. We have >10000 tests which run in ~5 minutes through our Jenkins setup.
- See your code affect 37 million users almost instantly. Our master branch gets rolled out straight to production on each merge. We deploy multiple times per day.
- Work with Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Memcached, Elasticsearch and many more technologies. We don't expect you to be familiar with any of them beforehand.
- Craft the code that can handle more than 2 million requests per minute. Monitor your deployed code through Kibana, Grafana, DataDog and new tools that you will introduce!
- You have experience working as a technical engineering leader who previously strategised, led, and executed company-wide technical projects.
- You can effectively communicate complex technical goals to audiences both inside and outside the company.
- You can drive a clear architectural vision with the ability to collaborate and iterate on software design.
- You are excellent at communicating in spoken and written English.
- You are willing to take on new challenges and constantly grow as an engineer and leader.
- Opportunity to join our share options programme
- Learning budget (13.2% from net yearly salary)
- 25 working days of holiday
- A canteen that serves homemade food at friendly prices
- Monthly team-building events
- A personal budget for shopping on Vinted
The salary range for this position is 4,900–9,500 € (gross) per month, depending on experience. If this sounds interesting, you may be just who we need. Please send us your CV (or point us to your LinkedIn profile), add a brief cover letter and we will be in touch shortly.
In the meantime, take a look at engineering.vinted.com to see what we’re up to.