(Senior) Reliability Engineer (f/m/d) for GreenToken by SAP at SAP (Potsdam, Germany)
Location: Potsdam, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-03-02 05:01:30
Requisition ID: 277701Work Area: Information TechnologyLocation: PotsdamExpected Travel: 0 - 10%Career Status: ProfessionalEmployment Type: Part-Time or Regular Full-Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Summary & Role InformationIn this role, you’ll iterate quickly with a small but high energy team delivering technical excellence designing and developing a scalable SaaS solution in the SAP Cloud Platform. You’ll ensure that we use the most suitable technologies and the right approach to build, test and rollout stable releases at any time. Your focus is to close any gaps to make GreenToken production-ready for enterprise customers.
This is your opportunity to contribute to the growth of a new start-up, in a venture capital style incubator, with the backing of one of the most impactful brands in enterprise technology. You love to work together with the whole team and end-users to ensure product success.
Further tasks will include:
- Being fundamental in converting a Pilot into a Product
- You will take over the responsibility of our complete deployments into various Hyperscaler accounts
- Playing a leading role in crafting a SaaS application
- Leading and implementing security-related measures to our software and our deployment infrastructure
- You feel home at our backend services (Java, go and nodejs) to implement changes yourself.
- You own your code from ideation to deployment (including QA, monitoring and support)
- Write clean and well-tested code
- Improve existing Product Architecture and coach other Backend Engineers by sharing best practices.
- Professional knowledge managing deployments with Kubernetes and Helm charts on e.g. GCP
- Professional knowledge in securing cloud application
- Experience in performance/stability tests
- Knowledge in Monitoring/Alerting like Prometheus/Grafana
- Knowledge in running CI/CD systems, preferably Jenkins
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
What we consider beneficial:
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience with agile software development processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- Understanding of modern cloud application development and distributed systems (e.g. with REST, Kubernetes, Docker)
- You are conscious about sustainability; You want to use your technical skills to bring about a profound change in the way consumers choose sustainable products over non-sustainable.
- You are committed to transformative innovations in a startup-like environment; aware of the fast-changing IT landscape and confident to suggest new innovative ways to achieve product features.
- You are interested in blockchain technology
Then YOU are the right candidate for this position. We are looking forward to your application and getting to know you.About the team
GreenToken is a SAP.io funded venture, which won the SAP 1 Billion Lives challenge for 2019. GreenToken is a supply chain traceability and chain of custody solution for raw material supply chains. It combines the innovation of blockchain-based tokenization and mass balance to help companies procure sustainably. Our mission is to make the world better by making sustainability and ethical correctness impacting buying decisions – as well as in the industry as for end consumers.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If youre searching for a company thats dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENTTo harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.