Engineering Manager at Wizeline (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-03-05 05:01:28
Wizeline partners with Fortune 500 companies and startups to provide intelligently designed software solutions using Agile methodology and distributed teams approach. Innovation in product development is our core strength. We work towards goals, not checkboxes! We focus on impact, and we are proud to contribute to local economies by developing technology ecosystems and giving back to the communities in which we operate.
Come join a team where all members are empowered to take ownership, raise their hands, and come up with the most inventive and innovative solutions for our partners’ toughest problems.
We are engineering a better tomorrow and creating new opportunities.
How Will You Make a Difference?
- Collaborating closely with other company functions, onboard new engineers effectively so that they are engaged and productive as soon as possible
- Set performance and development goals for engineers; hold career development conversations; present and describe opportunities for growth in order to help achieve career goals
- Develop regular cadence of communication and feedback within your team and with other teams and organizational functions in order to ensure organizational success
- Educate and guide team members on how they play a key role in achieving the company’s mission, objectives, and values/culture
- Provide or arrange technical mentoring to engineers in addition to technical career growth plans
- Assist staffing and delivery teams in selecting and preparing engineers for client projects.
Are You Fit?
Ideal candidates for Wizeline Engineering Managers possess the following characteristics:
- 5+ years of experience in the software development industry
- Proven team or project leadership and strong performance track record, with consistently positive feedback from team members
- Demonstrated role model time management and organizational skills
- Capable of providing empathetic and meaningful constructive feedback that helps individuals and teams grow and improve; proactively requests for and is receptive to feedback from others
- Interest in the professional services industry and the desire to grow professionally in the business and management track.
- Comfortable communicating with both internal and external teams and stakeholders.
- Strong proficiency in the English language
What You’ll Love About Us
- Our culture: We offer exceptional career growth opportunities to our employees with skill development workshops, mentoring programs, and support for side projects or entrepreneurial work.
- Our benefits and perks: We offer competitive compensation and employee-centric benefits, including industry-leading maternity and paternity leave, wellness programs, and on-site daycare facilities at our GDL office. We also offer stock options for all employees.
- Our global family: We offer a Work Abroad program, as well as language training and immigration support for our expat members.
Having an inclusive environment is serious business at Wizeline. Wizeline creates and fosters a diverse, inclusive, and harassment-free workplace in which everyone can achieve their potential. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.