Software Engineering- J2ee Application Development lead at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Hyderabad, India)
Location: Hyderabad, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-03-06 05:00:46
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Work within a larger Software Engineer team to Design, code, Test & Deploy in production and implement suitable continuous integration (CI) frameworks, AFT and enabling earlier discovery of defects and higher quality software.
- Work in Agile scrum teams alongside development and business analysts to build/maintain effective automated user acceptance tests that will validate application user stories
- Design, Coding, Unit testing and Defect fixes and ensure end-end functions/ scenarios are working fine during testing and QA integration and release cycles/builds
- Identify and build service layer automated test solutions to support early automation like AFT, CI & CD
- Good in Innovation, vision, Business communication, leadership, project management, Vendor relationship, negotiating skills, Business architectural, analysis and planning skills
- Adhere to development coding standards, Code Reviews and recommend continuous improvement of processes for OPT SVC.
- Leverage existing test frameworks to solve specific problems in various Development and QA organizations.
- Work proactively with CCB OPT developers, managers and business partners to develop, coordinate, communicate and enforce testing schedules, and deliverables.
- Drive the overall OPT Development strategy to accelerate preparation and execution of SDLC activities.
- Plan/coordinate early builds & test across multiple platforms and systems.
- Plan for Non Functional testing and meet the demands of the product specification in a distributed micro-services based architecture using Kafka and Cassandra
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems required and 12+ years of experience with the following:
- Team Application Developer lead/Manager or Automaton on an enterprise Information Technology (IT) team
- Technical proficiency in Java, Could Technologies ( PASS, SAAS, Azure/AWS..etc)
- Candidate will be responsible for providing advanced engineering support to production support teams for complex application performance and infrastructure issues.
- Candidate should have a strong Infrastructure Architecture background with experience with virtualization technologies, knowledge of Data exchange & and extensive Cloud computing solutions (Azure/AWS).
- Virtualization technology skills, systems architecture skills, excellent collaborative skills, and strong analytical reasoning
- Hands on experience with web technologies (e.g. HTTP, XML, REST, HTML, etc)
- Hands on with development and test automation tools/frameworks (e.g. Cucumber/Gherkin, Selenium Grid, Junit, SOAPUI, Eclipse, Jenkins, CA-Lisa, Ant, Maven, Visual Studio, HP ALM/QTP, JIRA, etc)
- Working experience with platforms/OS/Servers (e.g. Windows Server, Linux/Unix, J2EE, IIS, Apache, Tomcat, etc)
- Understanding of Software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Responsible for designing, building, and improving cloud environments on Amazon Web Services and other cloud platforms.
- Understanding of TDD, BDD and Shift Left concepts
- Ability to negotiate, communicate and deliver effective Automated Test solutions to both Development and QA organizations
- Ability to prepare and effectively present status reports in either Agile Standup meetings or for QA
- Knowledge and benefits of Services and API layer development and testing
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office products - to include Access queries and Excel macros
- Understanding of Database schemas and SQL queries a must
- Public Cloud platform, and scripting languages (Ruby, Perl or other) knowledge is a must
- Understanding of development and test automation best practices
- Understanding of J2EE design patterns
- Overall relevant industry experience of 12+ years
- Excellent Leadership skills and experience working in Application Development, Quality and Automation teams
- Excellent organization and communication skills (written, oral and presentation) is must
- Experience in use of MS Office products for both analysis and presentation
- Experience in delivering end-to-end technology implementation solutions
- Must have full life-cycle experience in large, global multi-tiered systems, preferably in the financial industry
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication / presentation skills
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Demonstrates initiative and is a self-starter
- Prepared to challenge when business requirements seem conflicting
- Drive/Determination and knowledge.
The behavioral requirements of this role are as follows:-
Good leadership skills in hiring and managing large number of App Devs.
Excellent process discipline in project execution
High level of personal commitment to each task, a can do attitude and a drive to deliver.
Strong communication skills to be able to communicate at all levels..
High level of responsibility and Ownership from inception through to implementation.
The candidate should have a proactive approach to problem solving.
Good analysis skills in order to aid in trouble shooting and problem solvingJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.