Software Developer 4 (JoinOCI-SDE) at Oracle (Bengaluru, India)
Location: Bengaluru, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-03-07 05:00:37
We are looking for a talented and hands on DevOps Engineer. Our mission is to automate menial tasks, application deployment and configuration, improve site reliability and achieve operational excellence. Develop automated runbooks that are built for both modern distributed ways of working and centralized legacy environments, enabling resolution of incidents quicker and improve the productivity of operational teams We are seeking DevOps Engineers passionate about cloud computing, infrastructure-as-code. You will be working on software engineering tasks such as design and development of systems that increase our reliability, scalability and reduce operational overhead through automation. Work with application delivery teams on the shared full stack ownership of a collection of services and/or technology areas. Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of production services. Work closely with agile teams to ensure they have the tools needed to write, test and deploy code with ease and ensure dev and QA satisfaction. You will build and maintain continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) environments, processes and tools
- Adopt the OCI standard tools and DevOps processes like the CI/CD deployment pipeline.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Build CI/CD environments and streamline deployments for a variety of Enterprise Applications with Jenkins, Gitlab, and other tools
- Monitor and maintain production environment stability
- Collaborate with Agile teams in defining technical requirements and best practices with containerized and cloud-native applications
- Represent production support and site reliability in stand-ups, planning sessions, infrastructure code reviews, and architecture reviews
- Help evolve our configuration management (CM) efforts and our move to containers
- Agile methodology based development
- Monitor, troubleshoot and manage production, testing and development environments.
- Build and maintain highly scalable, large scale deployments globally
- Recommend new technologies as components of a solution when appropriate.
- Rotating 24/7 on-call support along with the Release Managers
- BS or MS in Computer Science or closely related field.
- 9 years of work experience
- Strong understanding of Linux and networking fundamentals.
- Strong diagnostic, troubleshooting and fault resolution skills.
- Object-oriented programming experience, for example in Python or Java.
- Ability to rapidly learn new software, frameworks, open source tools and development languages.
- Write and review code to automate development and deployment processes
- Cloud experience (SaaS and PaaS)
- Strong knowledge of large-scale contact center architecture based on cloud deployment.
- Experience with technologies like the following: Kafka, Docker, Elasticsearch, continuous integration (Drone, Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo) and understand its benefits, workflows, etc
- Context-switch between multiple projects / codebases / concepts with ease
- Understand software development at a fundamental level, use the best tools for the job, and always think about the future (at scale) when architecting solutions
- Knowledge in the desired tool CA release automation, Jenkins, repository management (SVN, GIT), deploying software through scripts (ANT, Make, Shell script, vb script)
- Knowledge on fundamental aspects for release automation (packaging, dependencies, promotion, deployment, compliance)
- Experience on project management tools such as JIRA and insight on quality analysis as well
- Experience in integrating testing tools such as Selenium, QTest Manager etc
- Proficient in some of these: Chef, Github, Devops, Dockers, Jenkins
- Experience or familiarity with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is a plus