Django (Python) Back End Developer at Daupler, Inc. (Kansas City, MO) (allows remote)
Location: Kansas City, MO
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:00:50
Who We Need:
Do you want to improve the way governments interact with their citizens? Are you an innovative self-starter who wants to make the world a better place? If so, we could be looking for you. At Daupler, we are shaking up our entire industry and we are looking for an experienced Back End Django (Python) Developer to help us do just that. In this role, you will help build a world class platform trusted by governments across the country. You will work with our CTO and team to build, test, and ship customer-facing features/products using modern tools. We have a long product road map of amazing products to build, and we want your help.
The Daupler platform is completely cloud-native. We leverage containers and orchestration tools for efficient deployments at scale. Our engineers use Django (Python), React, PostgreSQL, RESTful web services, and AWS. You should be technically savvy and able to drive projects end-to-end. Engineers come to work for us because our problems are interesting to solve, come with complex challenges, and impact all of our lives.
You will have a meaningful impact in helping Daupler dramatically improve how our clients respond to emergencies in their communities.
What you’ll Be Doing:
- Architecting, developing, and maintaining platforms and features to enhance our product and meet customer needs
- Design, develop, maintain, and deploy back end solutions using Django (Python), Postgre SQL, RESTful web services, and cloud services (AWS)
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to establish appropriate intent of our systems
- Design, develop, test, deliver, support, and improve our software systems
- Appropriately manage priorities, dependencies, scope, dates, and deliverables
- Represent a long-term perspective on our technical landscape
- Architect, develop, and integrate complex systems under high volume
- Develop loosely coupled solutions that are scalable, testable, modularized, and reusable.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of back-end development experience
- Deep experience architecting, developing, and maintaining back-end solutions with Django (python)
- Experience working with our tech stack:
- Django, Python
- Docker Runtime/Packaging
- NoSQL Databases (PostgreSQL)
- RESTful Web Services
- Ability to write high quality, well tested code that meets the needs of our customers
- Can appropriately manage priorities, dependencies, scope, dates, and deliverables
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of what we’re trying to do at Daupler, and for that to fundamentally matter to you. Make no mistake, we’re on a mission.
- Remote workers are encouraged to apply.
Not a must, but a plus:
Previous experience in the utilities/water/govtech space; experience working for software startup