Senior React Engineer (Fully Remote, VC-Backed Startup) at SparkPlug (Boulder, CO) (allows remote)
Location: Boulder, CO
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:00:52
- Ground-floor engineering role at venture-backed startup (TenOneTen Ventures, Jason Calacanis)
- Position is entirely remote, forever, with the option to work at our Boulder, Colorado HQ if desired
- Significant equity package, huge upside as we revolutionize a $20 trillion (yes, with a t) global industry
- Salary range from $115k - $150k, unlimited PTO, competitive health benefits, wellness incentives
- Epic team of A+ players, executing and having a ton of fun doing it. We’d love to have you join us!
Email [email protected] with your resume and the subject “Senior React Engineer” to apply. Feel free to include your GitHub, portfolio of previous work, and any other indicators of your awesomeness!
SparkPlug is Google Ads for brick and mortar -- allowing consumer brands to bid on in-store influence. In complex CPG verticals like beauty, outdoor gear, and legal cannabis, customers rely on the product recommendation of point-of-purchase experts up to 92% of the time. SparkPlug allows brands to directly reward these key influencers for every sale they generate with cash via gamified commissions, contests, and goals. We drive more revenue for brands, improve employee performance for retailers, and empower frontline workers across the world with fair compensation and economic equality, all based on the sales revenue they generate each day.
We’re a Boulder, CO-based company hiring for a ground-floor engineer to help us enter the hyper-growth phase. We’re backed by top VCs and angels like TenOneTen Ventures, the inventors of Google AdSense, Jason Calacanis, and the CEO of Foursquare, and we’re working to revolutionize the future of the nearly 20 trillion-dollar global brick and mortar retail market. We solve problems for some of the most interesting consumer product verticals around, and we need rockstar engineers who can help us build big data with front end applications and a cloud infrastructure to support it -- all using modern front-end and back-end technologies.
Some of our current technology stack includes the following:
- Amazon Web Services (S3, RDS, EC2, Elastic Beanstalk)
- You are a highly motivated software engineer ready to work on a growing development team building a software platform from the ground up.
- You are a personable team player with strong written communication skills
- You can adapt quickly and easily as priorities change in this fast-paced startup environment and enjoy rapid iteration without sacrificing quality as we take on a variety of different problems and technologies.
- You can give and receive feedback and are willing to teach others as our team grows.
- You can work remotely and manage your own time effectively
- You want to help us grow our business with software and own significant portions of the product.
About the Position
- Writing documentation
- Building and deploying to live environments
- Troubleshooting, testing, and debugging new and existing systems
- Designing features and writing specifications
- Implementing features according to specification
- Implementing/applying user interface design
- Comply with established policies and patterns adopted by the team
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience building web applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or relevant field)
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of building software
- Expert knowledge and experience developing front-end web technology
- Experience developing production quality front-end web applications with React
- Basic understanding of standard development tools such as version control, command line interfaces, project management, etc...
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud software architecture
- Knowledge and/or experience deploying backend web applications on a modern cloud platform
- Knowledge and/or experience building backend-end web technology
- Basic understanding of big data