Junior Software Engineer at Immersive Labs (Bristol, UK)
Location: Bristol, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:00:56
Get supportive mentoring and onboarding to set you up for success.
Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 180 employees in our Bristol & Boston locations and announced funding of more than $45 million. Our technology is already helping over 200 enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, while around 2,500 labs are completed every single day.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Are you looking for an opportunity to start your career as a Software Developer? We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills whilst contributing to the success of our platform. We will provide you with the opportunity to learn our codebase and contribute to the wider engineering team objectives. You will be paired with various members of the team to work on complex tasks to support the technical roadmap.
Your main responsibilities:
- Assist with tasks to facilitate the delivery of product features and improvements to the platform
- Help to triage and resolve low impact platform bugs and issues
- Work with different specialities to learn what area of software development suits you best
- Bring process improvement ideas to the team
- To support the technical roadmap by reducing technical debt and working on other high priority work
- Working with QA to deliver automated tests to ensure we have full confidence in the features we are releasing
To be successful:
This is an exciting opportunity to start your career as a Software Developer and therefore we do not require previous work experience, but some knowledge of a programming language is essential. What is most important to us is enthusiasm and drive to develop your skills and contribute to the ongoing success of our platform and be part of Immersive Labs' exciting journey.
- We are looking for individuals who are an active part of the tech community or have some evidence of passion for coding and development
- Must hold excellent communication and team working skills
- Enjoy being in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- An interest in cyber security
What Immersive Labs offers:
- We offer an extensive range of benefits, including mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, enhanced parental leave and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- Getting to the office is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and travel insurance.
Find out more at https://www.immersivelabs.com/company/career