Backend Engineer (f/m/d) nationwide Full-/Part-time at Bayerischer Rundfunk' (Munich, Germany)
Location: Munich, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:00:57
Bayerischer Rundfunk provides creative and reliable information, culture, knowledge and entertainment from and for Bavaria: on the radio, on television, in the Mediathek, on BR24, Instagram etc. As a member of ARD, we are proud to make a significant contribution to the diversity of opinion and media with our diverse and high-quality offerings.For our department Softwareentwicklung und Plattformen (SEP) we are looking for aBackend Engineer (f/m/d) nationwide Full-/Part-time
Contract: 2 years
Working hours: flexible arrangement
The department Softwareentwicklung und Plattformen (SEP) is the development unit within the Bavarian public broadcaster Bayerischer Rundfunk. We build award-winning apps for Android and iOS, intelligent applications for screens of all sizes, as well as websites and blogs. We work closely with various editorial teams in radio, television and web and develop innovative platforms like BR24, the BR Mediathek, the BR Radio App or, together with ARD.de, the ARD Audiothek.These are your tasks:
For the various teams of our SEP department we are looking for a Backend Engineeer (f/m/d) with versatile experience in current web technologies and microservice architectures. If you are excited to help shape the digital future of public broadcasting, this job is a great role for you!
- Participating and contributing to all aspects of development - from conception, development and code review to testing, deployment and bug fixing
- Collaboration in interdisciplinary product teams in an agile, self-organized work environment
- Extension and expansion of our microservice architecture
- Collaboration on data infrastructure
- Completed studies in computer science or comparable
- At least two or more years of professional experience in the design and development of backend services
- Deep understanding of design and architecture patterns
- Experience in database technologies (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis)
- Good knowledge of REST technologies and/or GraphQL
- Experience with tests and mocking frameworks
- Good German and English skills
- Knowledge of Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS and/or GCP
- Experience with message bus systems
- Proficiency in the use of Python
- Experience with domain-driven design
- The opportunity to help shape products with a wide range and high journalistic quality
- Working with modern technologies
- Flexible working hours and very good home office options
- A workplace in the heart of the Bavarian capital with a good working atmosphere
- Participation in advanced trainings as well as national and international conferences, depending on your personal interests and goals
We offer you plenty of room for your own ideas and projects, an exciting professional exchange and steep learning curves in a multicultural tech team in the heart of Munich. You also have the opportunity to participate regularly in conferences and advanced trainings. You can plan your working hours flexibly and there is also the option for home office during Corona and afterwards.
Interested? Then we look forward to receiving your full application (cover letter, CV, selection of certificates) in German or English via email at [email protected] Please include your possible start date, salary expectations and the platform on which you read this job advertisement.
More information about our team and projects at www.br.de/sep.
Bayerischer Rundfunk Softwareentwicklung und Plattformen Rundfunkplatz 180335 Münchenwww.br.de/sep [email protected]