Lead Software Engineer at Book of the Month (New York, NY)
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:00:58
Book of the Month is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to manage, mentor, and grow our engineering team and improve our product by delivering high-quality code. A successful candidate has expert level technical skills, strong leadership skills, and experience managing a successful engineering team. This is a unique opportunity where you will get to lead development of our in-house, at-scale ecommerce platform that spans across consumer web, native mobile apps, and business user applications.
- Hold our releases to a high standard through code review.
- Manage the growth and development of the engineering team.
- Lead by example with strong programming skills.
- Take responsibility for the success of technical projects.
- BA/BS in an engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience managing other engineers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
We believe in books - and the people who write them. Each month, we feature five can't-put-it-down books that our members might not otherwise discover. Think: new and diverse voices that you just can't get enough of. Why? Because emerging writers offer new perspectives, and a lot of fun.
Founded in 1926 and relaunched in 2015, the company is a startup brand with legacy vibes, located (among books) in NYC's Flatiron District. We embrace the innovative, the experimental, and even the so-crazy-it-might-work. Anything to get more people reading - and actually enjoying it.