Remote Full Stack Software Developer - Ruby on Rails at Agworld Pty Ltd (Perth, Australia) (allows remote)
Location: Perth, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:00:58
Create a high-quality software product within an elite and experienced development team of engineers which is given the space required to innovate and collaborate on various exciting projects.
What will you do?
As a full stack software developer, you will work to iteratively design, test and deliver high-quality code and customer-focused features. Our stack consists of Ruby on Rails, AWS, Go, JS/React, Postgres, Docker, Terraform and Objective C for iOS. Other features of the role include:
- It is a full-time, permanent role, based wherever you are across the ANZ.
- You will operate alongside other Developers, Testers and Product Managers, who all work together on continually improving our infrastructure, tooling, and practices to maintain a high-quality product.
- UX and design thinking is an important aspect of our process and you will be able to validate your work through early feedback, usability testing and customer reviews.
- The role has the opportunity to focus on our customers and build a product that provides value to their business and the wider community.
- Work to improve how we build software, including improving our internal developer tooling and refactoring to improve existing code.
- Write secure, well designed and well-tested code across the stack.
- Be involved in continually improving our process of software development both at the team level and also at the department and company level.
- The role is highly collaborative and has comprehensive support structures allowing for the exploration of new ideas while still providing autonomy to take charge of your own work and operate independently.
- You will use your communication and self-management skills to remain a productive, integrated member of our team even at a distance.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience.
- 2+ years of full stack software engineering.
- Previous success developing and shipping a web application with a customer and user-focused mindset.
- Ideally, you will be situated on the East coast of Australia or in New Zealand in order to bridge the time gap between our Perth and US office