Application Developer at Addison Group (Vernon Hills, IL)
Location: Vernon Hills, IL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:00:58
The Senior Application Developer supports business process automation through technology solutions. The purpose of the role is to develop business software solutions for complex and large-scale projects through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance and implementation support. The Senior Application Developer participates in application standards development and serves as an evangelist for best practices in software development.
- 5+ years in application development.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or equivalent working experience
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Skilled in Windows Forms (WinForms) and limited Web Forms Development.
- Expertise in creating applications using technologies such as C#, SQL Server, Web Services, WCF, REST, API, MSTest/Nunit and XML.
- Mastery in use of development tools including Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Proven knowledge of all stages of the software development life cycle. Experience with waterfall and agile is a plus.
- Working knowledge of the appropriate technical language aligning under required qualifications below.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate details and impacts of complex proposed software solutions.
- History of working independently with little direction.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with critical attention to detail and creative problem solving skills.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach others.