Software Engineer - World 1st 'distracted driving' AI solution at Acusensus (Melbourne, Australia)
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:00:59
As a Software Engineer at Acusensus you have the unique opportunity to work for a noteworthy purpose and make a positive social impact.
- C++, C#, sensor fusion, machine learning, imaging processes, AWS + more!
- Collaborate with teammates who like you, are exceptional in all respects.
- Flexible ‘work from home & office’ arrangements in place.
- Excellent base + super + market leading STI/LTI’s.
- Occasional interstate and overseas travel.
- We are growing – there are great opportunities for you here!
Accomplished, focused & technically regarded – apply your passion for solving complex problems to a noteworthy cause and make a positive social impact.
- Have ‘zero tolerance’ when it comes to distracted driving and other dangerous driving behaviours;
- Take a positive and open-minded approach – if there’s a better way you’re looking into it;
- Are seen to others as someone they can count to deliver and finish what you start;
- Have a passion for complex problem solving – nothing is beyond your abilities to analyse, explain and fix; and,
- Aspire to ‘Coding Best Practice’, you seek and value input, appreciate code reviews and willingly share your knowledge with others…
……then we need to be speaking to you!
About this Position
As a Software Engineer [and the newest member of the growing R&D Team] your key areas of focus will be to deliver best practice coding and development outcomes for the Acusensus core product and to also establish successful working relationships with customers in Australia and other parts of the world.
You will be coding and developing primarily in C++ and C# and collaborating with supportive teammates who are exceptional in all respects [broadly experienced, competent, intelligent, accountable & highly engaged with the purpose of the work they are doing].
Beyond the above, you will also play an important role with customers, these relationships forming in the initial sales process. The R&D Team work closely with the Business Development Team and provide the technical know-how and direction needed to ensure that the new business opportunities being explored are a good fit to the business. When it comes to winning new customers and growing, the partnership between R&D and Business Development is a really important one. It ensures new customers are properly informed on technical matters and understand what can and can’t be done up front. There are significant benefits downstream too. When a deal is signed and the work progresses to R&D for development - there are no hidden surprises and the project is set for success.
When it comes to the work we chose to do next and the way we grow, we want you to make your mark and have influence.
Right fit for you?
This position is ideally suited to a Software Engineer with well-developed C++ and/or C# skills who is looking for a higher purpose in the work they do and to become part of a team of equally credible engineers committed to continuing their learning and growing together. Acusensus is a high growth start-up, well backed and well positioned to take their first to market ‘distracted driving’ technologies to the world.
Additional Selection Criteria includes;
- An open, honest and constructive communication style – straight talk is valued here;
- Good planning and organisation skills – you break things down and think ahead;
- A commitment to ‘Coding Best Practice’ and experience with the quality practices and processes designed to achieve this.
- Robust verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning and abstract reasoning abilities;
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
Once we have received your registration of interest via stackoverflow, we will then email you a link to an Online Application Form that is specific to this position to complete.
If you have not received this email from us within 24 hours please let us know by emailing [email protected] and include this Position Reference Number: 1448. Software Engineer