Lead Software Engineer | World 1st 'distracted driving' AI solution at Acusensus (Melbourne, Australia)
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:00:59
- Knowing that the work we do prevents injuries and saves lives inspires us.
- Lead a talented, high performance team with the resources to make it happen!
- C++, C#, sensor fusion, machine learning, imaging processes, AWS + more!
- We are growing – there are great career growth & professional development opportunities for you here.
- Excellent package on offer + market leading STI/LTI’s.
- Flexible ‘work from home & office’ arrangements in place.
- Occasional interstate and overseas travel.
Enterprising, focused & highly experienced with C++ [and/or C#] – you want to solve the problems that others find too hard (or haven’t thought to solve yet!) - and in doing so, have a positive impact on society!
- Have ‘zero tolerance’ when it comes to distracted driving and other dangerous driving behaviours;
- Set your goals and personal standards high, then do the hard work with determination to achieve them;
- Forge ahead and keep momentum building, disallowing the ‘non-essentials’ to bog you down;
- Accurately analyse a situation, assess the risk and instinctively know the best way to progress; and,
- When it comes to the work you do, enjoy nothing more than exploring the limits of what is possible, brilliant, exciting and meaningful…
……then we need to be speaking to you!
About this Position
Reporting through to the CTO, this exciting new position is critical to the team’s next stage of growth. Continuing achievements in the ‘distracted driving’ space mean as a team we can now begin exploring how best to evolve and apply our technology solutions to different problems and affect further positive social outcomes.
The primary objective of this position is to successfully lead our MVP Team [Minimal Viable Product Team] who are focused on rapid prototyping for our growing pipeline of opportunities. This dynamic and capable team is set to grow over the coming months and is given the resources to make things happen!
Beyond the above, you will also play an important role with customers, these relationships forming in the initial sales process. The MVP Team work closely with the Business Development Team and provide the technical know-how and direction needed to ensure that the new business opportunities being explored are a good fit to the business. When it comes to winning new customers and growing, the partnership between R&D and Business Development is a really important one. It ensures new customers are properly informed on technical matters and understand what can and can’t be done up front. There are significant benefits downstream too. When a deal is signed, and the work progresses to development, there are no hidden surprises - the project is set for success.
When it comes to the work we chose to do next and the way we grow, we want you to make your mark and have influence.
Right fit for you?
This position is perfectly geared for an experienced Software Engineering Lead with a regarded technical skillset and a passion for showing the way. We want you to empower this team to experiment bravely and get to product as soon as possible. You will also be driven to apply your versatile and valued blend of abilities to a cause that matters and to work together with a team of like-minded people wholeheartedly committed to the journey.
Additional Selection Criteria includes;
- An open, honest and constructive communication style – straight talk is valued here;
- An appetite for pushing forward, optimising the resources at hand, and breaking through to solve complex problems at rapid pace;
- Well-developed planning and organisation skills – you have tremendous foresight and know where best to focus a team’s energies; and,
- Robust verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning and abstract reasoning abilities.
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
Once we have received your registration of interest via stackoverflow, we will then email you a link to an Online Application Form that is specific to this position to complete.
If you have not received this email from us within 24 hours please let us know by emailing [email protected] and include this Position Reference Number: 1451. Lead Software Engineer