Agile Software Engineer at ENSEK () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:00
Acting as an important member of an Engineering team, our Software Engineers are passionate about solving challenging technical problems as part of our SaaS solution. A crucial link of wider team, you will be utilising Agile methodologies to deliver high-quality software on a fortnightly cadence. You’ll work closely with other Engineers, pair programming and working together to write clean code, while also contributing towards designing and implementing solutions within our platform. You’ll be an effective communicator and provide team and individual feedback. As well as work with Lead and Senior Engineers, to grow and develop your skills.
- Design, develop and implement technical solutions that support day-to-day operations with assistance from Senior and Lead Software Engineers
- Coach and mentor more junior members of the software engineering team, for example placement students.
- Work with your team of Engineers, Business Analysts and Product Owner to understand and evaluate complex business models
- Peer review fellow software engineers' work, offering constructive feedback where relevant
- Working with your team, you will support client and internal queries in relation to your specialist domain, helping resolve issues that might impact service delivery
- Deliver clean code that aligns with our software engineering best practices
- Contribute to your team’s scrum ceremonies, including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, refinement and retrospectives.
To you, agile is more than just a buzzword. You’ll be onboard with agile and experienced in its use. You’ll understand the problems it sets out to overcome, the importance of communication and the value of iterative development.
You may not have all the answers to solve any given problem, but you know how to tackle a challenge head on. Using all the resources at your disposal, you can hunt down proposed solutions and collaboratively implement a working solution.
Flexible and Resilient
We are always moving, innovating and adapting. You'll need to enjoy that degree of change and be resilient enough to work with it and ride the opportunities it brings.