Full-Stack Web Developer at Seagull Scientific (Bellevue, WA)
Location: Bellevue, WA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:02
WHO WE ARE
Seagull Scientific has always done one thing-and done it exceptionally well. Its BarTenderÃÂ® software transforms information into labels, barcodes, RFID tags, smartcards, and documents that drive business and improve safety, security, efficiency and compliance.
Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with branch offices in Madrid, Taipei, and Tokyo, Seagull Scientific's software is used in more than 150 countries and across virtually every industry. For more information about Seagull Scientific, please visit www.seagullscientific.com.
This position is located in Bellevue, Washington, and is open to local candidates who are authorized to work in the US without visa sponsorship.
WHO YOU ARE
With a long history of developing Windows desktop software, we are now starting development on many new web applications and projects. That's where you come in.
You are a strong team player who appreciates excellence, who is passionate about their work and fair in their interactions with people.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a member of our Web Development team, your duties will include the following:
- Work with our UX designers, Program Managers, and product stakeholders to work on all areas of web application development including front-end UI and backend APIs
- Occasional maintenance of our legacy web applications
- Working together with our QA department to assure quality of our products
- Communicating with our technical documentation team regarding how features are intended to be used
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- 2+ years' experience with React and Redux
- 3+ years' experience with C#, .NET Framework, and .NET Core
- 2+ years' experience with ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Core
- Experience with CSS Frameworks such as Bootstrap or Tailwind
- Experience with web API design including REST and GraphQL
- Knowledge of source control systems (we use Perforce)
- Software design and architecture experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience with Vue
- Previous experience with TypeScript
- Previous experience with cloud services and deployments
- Knowledge of both Object Oriented Programming and Functional Programming principals
- User interface design
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Full-time position with benefits.
- We are unable to offer relocation packages, or reimburse for travel to our office for interviews, at this time.
- We are unable to sponsor visas at this time, and require proof of current authorization to work in the US upon the start of employment.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision plan
- 401K with 100% employer matching up to 3.0% with a 3-year vesting period
- Competitive PTO Package
- Paid company holidays
- Competitive salary
- On-site fitness center and deli
- Free parking or transportation subsidy (ORCA)
- Tuition-reimbursement benefits
- Company-paid life insurance, short term and long-term disability benefits
- Access to green space and Bellevue Open Space Trail System
- Fun staff and team-building activities-anniversary party, lunches and seasonal events
We are fair, we are passionate, we appreciate excellence and we act as a team. We offer a dynamic, culturally diverse and fun environment in which people with energy, creativity and passion work together to deliver amazing product experiences for our customers. You will be part of a team where your insights and ideas are valued.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Seagull Scientific has a company culture that respects a diverse and unified team from a range of backgrounds whose different perspectives enrich our business. Everyone at Seagull is treated fairly, with respect, and is encouraged to voice their opinion.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seagull Scientific Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.