Engineering Manager (Frontend) - Cisco Meraki: Camera Team at Cisco Meraki (San Francisco, CA)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:04
PLEASE NOTE APPLICANTS MUST BE BASED IN THE BAY AREA OR WILLING TO RELOCATE. REMOTE WORKING IS FINE BUT MUST BE FROM THE BAY AREA IN ORDER TO HAVE FACETIME WITH THE TEAM POST COVID.
Comp: $180K-$205K (highly dependent on seniority) + Cisco RSU's + 15% annual performance bonus + 401k match (up to 4.5%) + 22 days PTO + Sign on Bonus
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
As the head of the Camera Frontend team, you will lead our efforts to deliver an outstanding experience for the users who depend on our product every day for safety, security, and business intelligence. Alongside your own small team of 3-4 creative and hardworking engineers, you'll partner with product managers, UX designers, and the rest of the software engineering organization to solve complex problems, harnessing a powerful technology platform to connect users to the footage and answers they're looking for. You will also be growing the team, retaining talent, providing technical direction and career development opportunities, and nurturing the team's core values of quality, teamwork, and inclusiveness.
At your disposal will be a full suite of cameras, equipped with powerful (and ethical) computer vision technology based on machine learning, with a passionate, supportive, personal-growth oriented team by your side.
We can’t wait to see where your imagination will take you.
As the manager of the frontend team, you will:
- Guide and enable your team to build a codebase that we can support, and carry forward for many years - systems and designs that last
- Write performance evaluations and encourage the professional growth of everyone on your team
- Identify gaps in your team’s knowledge or ability to execute, and work with our recruiters to build out your team
- Be a part of the leadership of the larger MV team: weighing in on development priorities, projects going on across the team, etc.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Would thrive in a small engineering team and are excited to tackle open-ended problems
- Are passionate about what you do and ignite people around you
- A high-level of emotional intelligence and empathy for others
- 6+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience as a mentor, tech lead, people manager, or a driver of high-impact initiatives
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, RSpec and Postgres
- Knowledge of multimedia and streaming video (HLS, h.264 etc)
- Experience working with media-rich user interfaces - images and video