Senior Ruby on Rails Developer - Collaborative Health
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:06
Who we are
We are THE Tech Company to Watch in the healthcare industry!
The Collaborative Health Team, part of the great TELUS Health family was founded by practicing physicians and tech futurists.
The Collaborative Health Team is charting a new course in healthcare by connecting patients and providers through its award-winning Collaborative Health Record (CHR), an end-to-end, secure, cloud-based digital platform that has transformed the antiquated electronic medical record (EMR) into an evolving vehicle for patient engagement and health practice automation. Our modern and user-friendly interface and devotion to improving patient-provider engagement is the answer for all health practitioners seeking to streamline and modernize their practices through smart, customizable, and automated patient management and engagement tools. Led by physician-technologists and design-obsessed engineers, our customers include the University of British Columbia, the Canadian Mental Health Association, and a rapidly growing portfolio of 2,000+ healthcare providers across Canada, the United States, New Zealand, and Australia.
Join our mighty team!
We are a group of 250 passionate individuals committed to building technology solutions that provide meaningful transformations to how health care workers deliver patient care.
We want people that are self-starters and enjoy taking ownership of their work.
The main mantra is to always improve - improve the processes; improve the products; improve our client's experience; and improve yourself.
Here's the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You will be joining the CHR Platform Team as a Sr. Full Stack Developer, and core team member.
This role is for a key position within our team as we enter a rapid growth phase.
We are a small team of passionate individuals, building the next generation of tools to enable Primary Healthcare Providers to provide the best possible care to their patients.
As a Sr. technical member of the team, you will design, develop, and help scale different features/services throughout the full application stack.
Here's how – you will:
- Influence the direction of our platform by leading engineering discussions and mentor others on engineering best practices.
- Own and scale new product ideas from ideation to production.
- Help shape a positive and thought forward engineering culture
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle – you have / are:
- 5+ years of experience working in a backend engineering role with a track record of building highly scalable and robust systems
- 2+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- 2+ years of front end development experience (JS, HTML, CSS).
- An ability to drive progress in ambiguous problem areas independently.
- A passion for leaving things better than you found them.
Nice to haves:
- Experience migrating a monolithic application to microservices.
- Experience with any of the following: Vue.js, GraphQL, Coffeescript, Backbone.js
- DevOps experience and familiarity with: google cloud provider (GCP), Docker, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with healthcare domain and standards (Hl7, FHIR etc.)
We take care of our employees and provide you with:
Great pay, top technologies to work with, profit sharing bonus, stock purchase plan, dedication to team engagement; career development and after-hour educational assistance, flexible benefit plan with many innovative options and programs, DC Pension, flexible work styles, and more!
**Our interview process ** Technical Interview Call with People & Culture Panel interview with team with Development Directors. Location: Vancouver/Toronto/Montreal/Remote
A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly. We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability —your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.
Disclaimer: In accordance with the TELUS Health Solutions Data Center Security Policy, as a condition of employment, all personnel whose job functions require they work at a Data Center and/or have access to detailed knowledge of technology related to client service delivery, are subject to a Personnel Security Screening conducted through the Government of Canada.
Primary Location: Canada