API Solutions Engineer
Location: Remote USA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:06
Email your resume to [email protected]
Jonas Fitness, Inc. was created from the acquisition of the software, clients, billing services and other assets of Club Solutions by Fiserv, Inc. We are a division of Jonas Software, Inc., a leading provider of enterprise management software and billing solutions to a variety of industries, including golf and private club, fitness, sports and leisure, attractions, foodservice, construction and many more.
Jonas Software is the valued technology partner of over 40,000 customers worldwide in more than 15 countries. Jonas employs over 1,500 skilled individuals consisting of a cross-section of industry experts and technology professionals. Jonas is headquartered in Canada and also operates offices throughout North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the Caribbean. Jonas is a 100% owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Toronto and traded on the TSX (CSU.TO).
At Jonas Fitness, our vision is to be the branded global leader in fitness software and billing services. We strive every day to be recognized by customers and industry stakeholders as a trusted provider of "Software for Life" and as an ambassador for technology, product innovation, quality, and customer service.
The API Solutions Engineer Team Lead is responsible for the Jonas Software platform integrations and access points concerning application programing interfaces. This role will work directly with consumers of the services being both Jonas clients and integrators providing 3rd party products. Organizing documentation about the integrations for certification and for Jonas employees to promote with accurate information. Must be action oriented and apt for technical learning to work with the Jonas Services, creating examples utilizing the services with other technologies such as Postman, SOAP UI and curl is a must. Developing business acumen with the i4 and Compete products are essential for educating consumers of the services. Problem solving issues reported to the API team will be necessary and must be timely and accurate. Working to define the forward strategy of API’s in concert with the Product Manager by identifying market problems for consumers will be key.
This position reports to the Manger of the development team. The experience level required is greater than 5 years.
- Monthly reporting on usage of the services for billing and analytics
- Quarterly reviews with integrators
- On Boarding New Integrators and certifying their solution
- Ability to troubleshoot API issues
- Create use cases and examples of service usages
- Responding and supporting to API support emails
- Maintaining accurate integrator information in Sales Force
- Documenting and creating a repository of integrations and certifications
- Educating Jonas Fitness Employees about the integrators. Support, Account Managers, Sales and - R&D all need to understand the integrators.
- Coding and modifying API integrations based on the specified requests within alignment of the JFI road map.
- Participate in on call support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation skills from low level discussions to executive level communication
- Organization of documentation on integrators from their offerings and certification
- Utilization of SOAP UI, Postman and other technologies interfacing with APIs
- Thorough knowledge of data structures, schemas and data algorithms
- Basic SQL skills for data examination and manipulation
- Knowledge of API usage and best practices
- Solid trouble shooting skills
- Self-development around emerging technology with application interfaces
- Priority setting of work load in the role and being able to understand the demand for functionality
- Understanding of the Software Development Cycle
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Utilization of agile work management tools, such as TFS
- Proficient in C#, ASP.NET, WCF Services, Web API
- Experience building (and consuming) REST API's / RESTful services
- Experience in C#
- Experience in API design
- Understanding of onion architecture.