Senior .NET Developer at Moneybox (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:11
**please note that this remote position requires the person to be living in the UK**
Job Brief Moneybox is growing rapidly, and our technical teams are no exception. We have more users, more accounts, more money invested, more features, more code, more data, and more team-members than ever before. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us handle all that growth without compromising on our service or product quality. This role will be part of the leadership of our Cloud Apps Team that builds and operates our cloud hosted API. We’re looking for someone who enjoys a mix of solution architecture, hands-on coding, and team leadership. We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything we use, but a fundamental understanding of how things work is important.
Our Tech Stack
- C# / .NET Framework, .Net Core
- ASP.NET Web API, Azure Functions, Hangfire, MediatR, xUnit
- Microsoft Azure
- Sql Server, CosmosDb, Azure Service Bus
- Git, TeamCity, Terraform, Azure DevOps, and Octopus Deploy
What You’ll Do
- This role will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Participating in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on designing and developing scalable, resilient systems that deliver business value.
- Managing, coaching, and mentoring an engineering team
- Owning technical solution design architecture for significant product features, software modules, and technical initiatives.
- Hands-on coding
- Writing unit / integration tests along with production code to produce a reliable product.
- Working with wider team of developers, QA testers, product managers, UX designers to create and build new features.
- Understanding and providing feedback for technical and design requirements.
- Providing technical support to internal teams.
- Staying abreast of and (where necessary) applying the latest emerging technologies.
- Setting high standards, and continually improving how we do things
Who you are
- Excited about being part of a fast-growing company that’s trying to make a positive mark on the world.
- Knows how to have fun whilst maintaining a professional outlook.
- Genuine interest in financial technology.
- A driven, ambitious self-starter.
- Learning mindset and motivated to develop skills further.
- Computer science or similar related experience.
- Proven track record in a similar role.
- Thorough understanding of:
- OO programming languages.
- Relational databases.
- APIs delivered over HTTP
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to work both individually and as part of an agile team.
- Able to actively participate in technical and commercial discussions.
- Experience of one or more of:
- Defining system or module architectures that have been delivered into real-world use.
- Line management of a small engineering team.
- Coaching and mentoring other engineers.
- Scrum-master / agile team leadership.
- Defining, documenting, and implementing technology standards.
- C# / .NET framework
- Microsoft Azure
- Cosmos Db
- Azure Functions
- Azure Service Bus
- Experience designing, developing, releasing and maintaining scalable, fault tolerant systems.