ASP.NET Software Developer for Automation and Control Systems at MPAQ Automation () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:14
Our software products involve industrial plant automation (eg. opening and closing material gates, controlling conveyor belts, monitoring material flow, reading weigh scales and pulse meters, all in real time) and product dispatch (eg. dispatching orders to production plants, monitoring fleets of delivery trucks via GPS, load-balancing and optimizing workload across multiple production locations).
This position will focus mainly on C# development using ASP.NET, though there are React, WPF, and C++ development opportunities as well.
- Designing and implementing new software features
- Participating in team discussions and analyzing customer feedback
- Testing and maintaining existing functionality
Candidates must have:
- Eagerness to learn new languages, frameworks and communication protocols
- Experience building web applications with ASP.NET
- Experience with object-oriented development
- Outstanding attention to detail and communication skills
Major bonus points:
- Experience using the .NET platform (specifically C#, ASP.NET MVC and WebAPI)
- Experience with client-server programming, unit testing, and dependency injection
- Experience with React
MPAQ Automation Inc. is a software company based in Mississauga, ON, specializing in automation, dispatch, and control systems. We react quickly to the needs of our customers, and provide outstanding customer support. We also love to fire up the BBQ for lunch once in a while on sunny days (at least, we did before COVID-19!).
We use modern software tools and technologies (Visual Studio, SQL Server, IIS) and organizational tools (distributed version control, issue tracking, internal wiki).
Our office atmosphere is casual. There is no strict dress code, and working hours are flexible. Our team is highly autonomous, and we favour candidates who have written code outside of work/school, and can run with new ideas. We're a fun group with a sense of humor, and we work hard to produce and support usable, effective software.
Thanks for reading, we look forward to hearing from you!