Senior BackEnd Engineer - Cairo - Egypt at Vezeeta (Cairo, Egypt)
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:15
The engineering department at Vezeeta is having highly skilled technology engineers with business knowledge and technical expertise to implement strategies, evaluate processes, and build upon an infrastructure that supports the ever-changing needs of our customers. In this role, you will work with different systems, designing, developing, and integrating them at every stage of the life cycle. If you are reliable in delivering mission-critical solutions with the goals of accessibility, optimization, and security, you could be our ideal candidate. This is a position that will see you gain experience and skills in a wide range of areas as well as working at the forefront of the health-tech industry.
- Build robust and scalable software in C# .NET for new and existing web, mobile, and Microservice oriented solutions.
- Practice Scrum/Agile methodology with a focus on building code that is effective, efficient, scalable, and extensible.
- Work in a Scrum team and contribute with dynamic and positive energy towards the success of the team and the organization in delivering high-quality products in a timely manner.
- Participate in solution design sessions and perform code reviews as needed.
- Follow Test Driven Development methodology to help increase product quality and testing automation.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Inspire new technological and business ideas and act as a change agent within the organization.
- Solve challenging technical problems and successfully deliver results on schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related subject from a reputable university is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience building applications with C# .NET, ReactJS or similar framework, SQL and Relational Databases, Microservices or service-oriented architecture
- Deep understanding of test-driven development, continuous integration, and delivery
- Experience in DevOps and AWS are strong pluses
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and software engineering best practices
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Sincere interest in working at a startup and scaling with the company as it grows
- Experience or interest in the healthcare industry
- Adaptable to learning new skills, taking on additional responsibilities, and changes in working hours/conditions.
- Industry experience is a plus
Areas that Add to Your Strength
If you are...
- Agile: You can live, adapt and help others survive every change around you in the organization.
- Enthusiast: You possess a zest for the job -- smile easily and have a positive, eager, and responsive attitude.
- Negotiator: You navigate the negotiation process that achieves mutually beneficial results.
- Organized: You own the world if you leave your car keys to find them in the same place every time.
- Influencer: You communicate with others, they listen, the process, and then act on what you said.