Senior Software Engineer at WorldRemit (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:16
Who we are...
We’re global, we’re growing and we’re going to need talent to keep up the pace. We’re making payments simpler for over 4m customers worldwide, in over 90 currencies. We’ve been around for 10 years, disrupting the market with a digital payment platform that aims to make sending money abroad as easy as sending a text message.
There’s almost 1,200 of us already hard at work and we love welcoming new people. We’ve got offices across the world, from London to Sydney and 15 locations in between - they’re open for business but right now lots of us are working from home. Want to be part of our global growth story - read on…
Who we are searching for...
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a team of engineers working on our Payout Services at World Remit. Our mission is to make our customer experience as easy as possible by creating a state of the art payout service. Our focus is on performance, latency, scaling and an intuitive payout service.
Technologies and the environment...
We are in the process of decomposing our main application in a series of microservices written in Node.js with TypeScript on AWS and transition from a complex .NET system on Azure. We put a special emphasis on automation and unit/integration testing and performance testing. We work closely with our product and architecture team to design scalable solutions that serve our customers.
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager you will:
- Develop new micro-services as well as understand the bigger picture
- Contribute to a Node.js and TypeScript application
- Write testable and reusable code
- Own your delivery. We’re obsessed with shipping value; you’ll own work beyond just a pull request; you’ll care about bugs, scalability, uptime and other non-functional requirements.
- Have the ability to make technical cases for using a certain technology or direction
- Collaborating with other developers in the team and wider company to ensure our systems have a state of the art architecture
- Enthusiastic about learning new technologies even though you might have not heard of them before
- Great communications skills and the ability to discuss architecture and business problems
- Have strong knowledge and experience developing back-end in the Node.js (TypeScript) stack
- Testing with Jest, Ava or similar
- Previous experience with Kafka
- Working knowledge of AWS experience
- Able to understand functional and non-functional requirements and design solutions
- Lead show and tells, takes initiatives and mentor more junior members of the team
Nice to haves:
- Strong plus for Kong knowledge
- Basic understanding of modern front-end development and how it all fits together end to end
What you’ll get from us…
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Recharge days, 4 per year, 1 for each quarter
- Cycle to work scheme
- Various dining and shopping offers
Please note this role will be 100% remote until our London office re-opens.
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page: https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers