Experienced C# Software Engineer - Automation at Labman Automation (North Yorkshire, UK)
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:16
Due to continued growth, Labman are seeking to expand our growing software team to continue to improve our products and work on exciting new developments.
You will be working directly with some of today’s most advanced hardware and software, providing opportunities to learn and develop your skillset in areas that have potentially never been investigated before with some of the world’s largest companies and universities.
You will be working alongside a dedicated team of mechanical, electrical and software engineers at Labman’s rapidly expanding HQ in North Yorkshire, UK. It is a creative and innovative environment, full of the latest robotic systems and technology, as well as climbing walls, a gym and even a squash court.
There will be opportunities to travel, both within the UK as well as worldwide.
The hours of work are 37.5 hours per week (shifts currently varying due to COVID-19 situation from 7am to 10pm 7.5 hours a day).
- Developing software applications for Labman's advanced robotic automation systems.
- Developing world class bespoke software systems for companies and public bodies across the world.
- Working with and project managing a highly talented multifunctional team.
- Researching state-of-the-art technologies and developing techniques for use in future systems.
- Establishing more efficient methods of developing software.
- Frequent direct customer interaction.
- Reporting to team leaders and being an active part of the software team to provide help to and receive support from other developers.
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstratable task management
- At least 2 years of development experience with the Microsoft .NET framework
- Experience with industrial PLC systems, including structured text and ladder logic
- At least 1 year experience with WPF and XAML development
- Familiar with MVVM design methodology
- Strong development capabilities with C#
- Excellent database development skills including MySQL or SQL Server
- A strong understanding of common industry standards such as user interface development (MVVM), communication interfaces (CAN, RS232, Ethernet), database design and development.
- Good English literacy skills for producing documentation
- Works well within a team with good communication skills
- The successful candidate is expected to work within the Labman ISO9001 framework developing software to a strict set of coding conventions.
- Some automation industry experience
- Also interested in electrical or mechanical engineering with some practical skills
- Experience of programming with mobile operating systems such as Windows Mobile and Android
- Experience programming for web deployment, preferably ASP.NET
- Willing to travel within Europe/America