Senior Full Stack Software Engineer at Digital Matrix Systems (Plano, TX)
Location: Plano, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:17
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Digital Matrix Systems (DMS) is looking for a team member to add to our software engineering team. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of developing our next generation of DMS cloud-based solutions. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology and in-depth full stack C# .NET software development experience. You will focus on creating and enhancing DMS products. Our team enjoys working on projects from start to finish (no silos here) and we believe in work-life balance which means no on-call rotations.
DMS does not consider resumes from third parties or agencies.
What you’ll be doing
- Propose and build through hands-on coding technology solutions based on modern architecture best practices
- Define features, phases, and solution requirements in collaboration with stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Build solution prototypes
- Develop solutions based on client needs and hands on knowledge utilizing C#, .NET Core, .NET 4.5+, MS SQL Server, REST API
- Provide guidance on system design, balance between functional, service quality, usability, and technical capability
- Take technical responsibility for software development initiatives and share your technical expertise with others
- Work in a team environment using Agile project approaches (Scrum and Kanban)
- Learn new technologies, design approaches, and bring DMS software engineering to the next level
What you should have
- 7+ years of development experience
- Proven skills in enterprise software design, development, testing, and implementation
- Ability to learn quickly and stay on top of emerging technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent work experience
It would be great if you also had
- Experience using message queues, SQS, Kafka, RabbitMQ or MSMQ
- Experience using AWS services like Lambda, API Gateway, S3, SQS, SNS, AWS CloudFormation and DynamoDB
- Experience using Docker or other containerization
- Experience developing on both Windows and Linux OS
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, responsive design and single-page applications (SPA)
Why Join Our Team
Our employees are carefully selected, highly valued, and integral to our continued success. We offer:
- Competitive compensations and benefits package including tuition assistance, company paid disability and life insurance
- Generous PTO and company paid holidays
- The average tenure of a DMS employee is over 9 years, we think this speaks to our employee experience
Location: Plano, TX (remote during Covid-19 but you must live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area).
Employment Type: Full-Time, Exempt (no contract or C2C)
Work Authorization: Candidates must be eligible to work in the US for full-time employment without restrictions; we cannot offer sponsorship at this time.
Recruiters: We love recruiters, that’s why we hired our own. If we need help, we will reach out.
EEO Statement: Digital Matrix Systems is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority, Female, Disability, Veteran, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Age. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover all possible activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Us: Founded in 1982, DMS is an international risk management solution provider that helps clients leverage the power of data to make better-informed business decisions. Through an integrated product suite, DMS delivers secure access to consumer and commercial credit bureaus, as well as specialty data providers. As a reliable partner, DMS helps leading companies predict and manage risk in a variety of industries, including financial services, insurance, and brokerage services. The company provides data warehousing, advanced analytics, scoring models, and comprehensive consulting services, delivering strategic solutions tailored to each client’s business goals.