Full Stack Engineering at HSBC Canada (Toronto, ON, Canada)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:18
Key Objectives for Full Stack Engineering:Provide complex systems development and integration for special and major projects. Possess extensive and specialized technical knowledge in web application development for retail brokerage platforms, which include front-end and back-end application development, business analysis, research and development, and systems integration for business systems. Coordinate individually or provides team leadership as required in projects to support technical and business strategies. Provide on-call production support for our current wealth platform projects.Principle Accountabilities:
- Provide technical analysis and solutions to business issues
- Provide consultation, research and implements technical alternatives, and maintains awareness of business technology strategies and the technical infrastructure to meet business requirements
- Seek technical and professional information and processes regarding area of responsibility to enhance department knowledge base
- Provide technical leadership and consultation to on-shore and off-shore teams.
- Provide computer program and system development and technical support for highly complex, critical programs and systems. Implement strategies to address automation, productivity and infrastructure problems and issues. Plan and coordinate tests and identifies prevention opportunities. Maintain expert knowledge in specialized systems or in multiple systems
- Provide technical leadership and consultation to project team members as directed by the project manager. Initiates and conducts feasibility studies of new and modified operational procedures. For large systems, prepares cost/benefit analyses, functional and detail specifications. Provide direct guidance in planning, designing, programming, documentation and implementation of the systems. Perform reviews of new and existing systems to ensure operational integrity and accomplishment of stated objectives. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs. Analyze vendor solutions and coordinates technology, productivity and performance initiatives. Coordinate activities of assigned personnel and projects. May work on multiple projects simultaneously
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with a major or minor in computer science or related field and a minimum of seven to ten years proven and progressive experience, including a minimum of three years experience in development of retail brokerage applications.
- Minimum of seven years of C# and .NET experience. Expertise on Visual Studio, GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft SQL Server with SSIS packages. Experience in Oracle DB and Linux.
- Experience in Change Management processes.
- Experience in providing on-call production support, especially for retail brokerage applications.
- Specialized experience in programming or database languages and techniques for application systems design; recognition as a technical resource within the work group; strong communication, analytical, and leadership skills; the ability to take appropriate risk; a knowledge of businesses supported; and demonstrated ability to apply multiple technologies to business situations and identify and apply productivity improvements, blending the technical environment with strategic direction