Frontend Engineering Architect (come help us build the future of spreadsheets!) at Sourcetable () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:18
Frontend Engineering Architect
We are looking for a frontend engineering architect who is passionate about programming to lead the design and implementation of core frontend architecture at Sourcetable (sourcetable.com), a networked spreadsheet application. If you think like an architect but love to push code, and want to play a meaningful role at an early stage startup, then you might be the right person for the role.
The primary responsibilities for the role include architecting the frontend of Sourcetable’s spreadsheet application, and generally contributing to feature development (hands on keyboard). As an early employee you will be responsible for key parts of the engineering stack and directly involved in early engineering and product decisions.
The role requires creative implementation of specifications while working closely with Sourcetable’s CTO and the rest of the team to ensure awesome outcomes. Sourcetable is an environment where developers can write clean, encapsulated and tested code that results in great products.
We’re looking for engineers who bring new processes and ideas to the organization and can use open source and cloud technologies to solve technical challenges. Sourcetable’s mission is to make data accessible to everyone. We believe great user experience starts at the architectural level.
Performance Objectives (you will own):
- Architect and lead frontend development of a real-time collaborative spreadsheet application
- Coordinate with backend engineers to implement client-side and server-side formula calculations
- Execute core roadmap features (hands on the keyboard)
- Scope and estimate core features of the application
- Understanding, present and balance tradeoffs that are required in a startup environment
- Write tests to ensure code quality
- Conduct code reviews
Our technology stack:
- Azure / AWS
- Docker, Terraform
- CS Degree, or comparable technical experience
- 5+ Years Work experience
- Demonstrable experience consuming REST APIs
- Experience with databases and SQL
- Experience working on real-time collaboration or messaging applications
What we value:
- Startup experience; ideally, founding team or early engineer (<20 employees)
- 10x team members > 10x individuals
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with React.JS
- Familiarity with Unix / Linux environments
- Use engineering best practices Gitflow, CI/CD, Testing, Docker
- Familiarity with open source technologies and communities
- Demonstrated ability to learn continuously, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.