DevOps Lead - Cairo - Egypt at Vezeeta (Cairo, Egypt)
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:18
The engineering department at Vezeeta is having highly skilled technology engineers with business knowledge and technical expertise to implement strategies, evaluate processes, and build upon an infrastructure that supports the ever-changing needs of our customers. In this role, you will work with different systems, designing, developing, and integrating them at every stage of the life cycle. If you are reliable in delivering mission-critical solutions with the goals of accessibility, optimization, and security, you could be our ideal candidate. This is a position that will see you gain experience and skills in a wide range of areas as well as working at the forefront of the health-tech industry.
- Define and lead the execution of a DevOps strategy and a DevOps roadmap to continuously improve the platform cloud infrastructure and processes
- Design and build end-to-end DevOps processes and implementations.
- Follow best practices and leverage best-in-class tools for CI/CD and infrastructure management and automation on AWS using open-source and cost-effective technologies as appropriate.
- Automate application build, test, deployment, and release/delivery processes.
- Automate cloud infrastructure procurement, monitoring, and scalability.
- Partner with application development teams and support their software development life cycle.
- Create guidelines, processes, and reusable templates and coach teams on becoming adept at DevOps practices.
- Select and balance the right tools for the job based on the team’s current environment, technology stack, culture, and potential future needs.
- Promote and contribute to a DevOps culture where teams are autonomous and are able to fully support their own services by providing know-how, general guidance, and engaging engineers to contribute to the DevOps ecosystem.
- Work together with several engineering teams to define and implement improvements to their overall infrastructure, including execution engine (Kubernetes), infrastructure automation, deployment systems, and underlying AWS configuration
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related subject from a reputable university.
- 5+ years of DevOps experience or related experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of DevOps and technical quality control processes, artifacts, and tools.
- Knowledge in the design, architecture, and running of complex, large-scale online services.
- Experience with Terraform, Kubernetes is a must.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience with version control platforms such as GitHub.
- Hands-on experience in the software development life-cycle building web and mobile applications preferably in .NET C# or other high-level programming languages.
- Hands-on experience in Linux and Windows servers.
- Hands-on experience in scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, Perl, SQL, and similar languages.
- Experience with secret management tools such as HashiCorp Vault.
- Hands-on experience with the AWS cloud and AWS managed services.
- Understanding of cloud and infrastructure concepts such as virtualization, containerization, networking, and security.
- Proven experience managing Agile development environments and implementing DevOps best practices and methodologies.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring your colleagues and peers.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of developers, product owners, and subject matter experts.
- Strong problem-solving skills with attention to quality, detail, and long-term goals.
- Ability to be self-managed and strongly motivated with planning, time management, and organizational skills.Areas that Add to Your Strength If you are... · Agile: You can live, adapt, and help others survive every change around you in the organization. · Enthusiast: You possess a zest for the job -- smile easily and have a positive, eager, and responsive attitude. · Negotiator: You navigate the negotiation process that achieves mutually beneficial results. · Organized: You own the world if you leave your car keys to find them in the same place every time. · Influencer: You communicate with others, they listen, the process, and then act on what you said.