Senior Data Engineer at Second Dinner (Irvine, CA)
Location: Irvine, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:19
HEEEEY! Second Dinner is hard at work on a (still secret, but super fun!) Marvel mobile game. Are you passionate about providing rich and high-quality data to talented teammates across a variety of disciplines? We’re looking for an awesome Senior Data Engineer to build a large-scale data warehouse and analytics infrastructure that’s able to process and record billions of events per day. The Senior Data Engineer will collaborate with various functions across game development and publishing. This role will work at the intersection of data engineering, data infrastructure, analytics, and data science to help make our game wildly fun and engaging.
If you love crafting world-class game experiences, collaborating with extraordinarily talented cross-functional teams, and building powerful data systems to level up analytics and decision-making, then APPLY!!!
- Design and develop the data warehouse and data lake.
- Own the infrastructure for data ingestion, storage, processing, and serving.
- Develop, operate, and improve batch and real-time data pipelines to support the key business, game, and publishing analytics.
- Partner with the game and backend engineering teams to define and develop high-quality analytics data collection.
- Integrate data systems and pipelines with existing game and backend ecosystem.
- Partner with data scientists/analysts, designers, and software engineers to develop analytics, data applications, and ML/AI services.
- Contribute as a key member in defining the vision and strategy for data and analytics.
- 5+ years of experience in designing, developing, and operating a data warehouse and data lake.
- 3+ years of experience in developing large-scale distributed data systems (Apache Spark, Flink, Hadoop, Kafka, or AWS/GCP managed solutions).
- Experience in analytical database technologies (SQL and NoSQL).
- Experience in developing and operating data pipelines and ETL/ELT.
- Deep expertise in SQL and Python (or Java/Scala).
- Experience in AWS or GCP data and analytics technology.
- Experience with end-user analytics and visualization tools.
- Demonstrated success in a highly collaborative cross-functional work environment.
- Passionate player of mobile games.
- Mindset for serving a diverse and global player base.
- Experience working in online video games, preferably mobile free-to-play games.
- Experience in the experimentation of consumer-facing features and live events.
- Experience in developing data systems for consumer-facing online services with a global presence.
- Experience in .NET/C# and backend software development.
- Experience in operational database and storage technologies (DynamoDB, Cassandra, Riak, Redis, or Memcached).
- Experience in collaborating with data scientists and ML engineers on ML and AI.
- Experience or passion for enabling personalized experiences with data.