Solution Architect at Domino's Pizza (Ann Arbor, MI)
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:20
The successful candidate will be energized by playing a key role on a program that will enable commerce in 25,000+ stores, operating both in-store and above-store. They will enjoy combining a broad software architecture and development background and creativity to solve diverse, complex problems in a system managing and operating the primary aspects of Domino's store operations.
The Solution Architect must thoroughly comprehend a large and complex platform used to enable the business. They are adept at comprehending business needs and knowing when to reuse existing platform concepts and when to develop new platform concepts. They are superior communicators and use technical artifacts and presentations to convey complex concepts to a wide audience. While not having direct reports, they mentor analysts through complex feature creation and work closely with application architects and developers to guide the concepts through implementation. Solution Architects are also assigned to special projects in nascent areas of the NGSS program and play a technical leadership role in that capacity.
- Technical Leader. Be a technical leader in a wide variety of NGSS functional and technical areas, including domains of the NGSS Platform. Help define and disseminate a ubiquitous language that aids common understanding across the program.
- Technology Expert. Be an expert in the diverse technical approaches used to implement the NGSS Platform. Perform PoC's when a new technology or tool needs to be introduced into the platform. Work with the development team to incorporate new technologies into the platform.
- Technical Designer. Collaborate with business owners, analysts, architects, and other groups to understand technical and functional needs of the enterprise. Break down problems into implementable concepts and disseminate the concepts to the wider NGSS team through domain models, solution models, API designs, technical approach overviews, high-level sequence diagrams, etc.
- Technical Visionary. Collaborate with the team to develop inventive approaches needed to orchestrate complex interactions between systems running both above-store (data center) and in-store.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years of industry experience in software development, including skills and experience in a web-based application development environment. Experience in .Net technologies is a plus.
- Technical Breadth and Engineering vision. Ability to leverage breadth of experience (e.g., varied languages, operating systems, databases, architectures, platforms, etc.) and knowledge to architect and design solutions.
- Leadership experience in architecting, developing, and supporting enterprise-class solutions.
- Excellent communications skills - ability to engage in deep technical discussions with peers and become a trusted technical advisor.
- Solid knowledge of API principles (e.g., authorization, authentication, versioning).
- Experience with API technologies/tools, including Postman and OpenAPI (Swagger).
- Solid understanding of HTTP in the context of APIs (e.g., industry standard use of headers, response codes, methods).
- Working knowledge of RESTful API design concepts and principles. Experience designing RESTful APIs is very desirable.
- Working knowledge of Windows platforms. Unix/Linux experience is also a plus.
- Working knowledge of database concepts, both SQL and NoSQL.
- Working knowledge of UML or similar modeling language.
- Ability to troubleshoot and manage problems independently.
- 2+ years of experience working in a software architecture role is desired.