Software Engineering Manager- QA Automation at Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.® (Allen, TX)
Location: Allen, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:20
Are you excited about developing new banking software applications for the cloud? Do you have experience automating quality assurance tests and processes? The Enterprise Cloud Platform team (ECP) is hiring a Software Engineering Manager - QA Automation for our new and growing team to help us build entirely new applications for JHA!
As part of the ECP team, you’ll be leading our strategic development as we add and enhance new application features. As a Manager - QA Automation, you’ll need to be able to be hands-on and will be working with a top-tier team to define and drive our multi-application testing strategies using some of the latest tools and technologies. In this role, you’ll work closely with team leaders and other QA team members to help lead, improve, and automate our testing practices. You’ll have the opportunity to work in a DevOps environment with our automation, business analysis, documentation, and development team members to ensure we deliver great, cloud-first applications with the highest quality and testing efficiency. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before April 8, 2021.
This position must be worked out of the following Jack Henry office locations: Allen, TX
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in Quality Assurance and/or Software Testing.
- Must have leadership experience. (Team Lead, Supervisor or Manager)
- Must be able to travel up to 5% to attend meetings, training, and or a professional conference.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working within an Agile environment.
- Experience with Selenium, and JMeter, or similar tools like HP Enterprise Testing Center, Loadrunner, etc.
- Experience testing with SoapUI, SOATest, Postman, HPE UFT or similar API testing tools.
- Experience in .NET, MS SQL Server, MongoDB or similar databases.
- Experience testing with financial services products.
- Experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server or Azure DevOps.
- Automated testing experience.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office 365 suite and or applications.
- Executes and creates test plans and clear, concise scripts for new products or enhancements to existing products. Defines comprehensive scenarios and variations in data to adequately perform testing.
- Schedules and performs functional, integration, regression, and release testing; submits errors and issues to development for correction, and retests once errors have been corrected. Reports test results and status as appropriate. Track defects and causal analyses to closure. Acts independently to review and certify test results of other analysts and testers.
- Reviews and provides feedback on requirements, design, or scope documents.
- Plans and leads the development of new software products and/or enhancements.
- Oversees the analysis, design, development and maintenance of software solutions.
- Oversees the definition and documentation of business and technical design requirements. Oversees the preparation of design specifications, analysis and recommendations.
- Ensures all software solutions and enhancements are fully tested, debugged and meet product quality standards prior to release to QA.
- Ensures all projects are delivered on time, within budget and within a high level of corporate quality standards.
- Ensures all reported system issues are resolved.
- Determines practicality of ideas based on projected costs and sales potential.
- Oversees application administration activities.
- Ensures technology solutions support the needs of the customer and/or organization.
- Performs continuous review of technologies, industry standards and industry-related developments and makes recommendations relative to the need for further research and associated changes.
- Coordinates work and services with other IS departments, contract service providers, and vendors.
- Provides consistent leadership to each individual; sets objectives; reviews performance, produces career development plans, and addresses concerns.
- May serve on Product Review Committees, Technology Review Committees and/or other committees, as required.
- May manage vendor relationships.
- May oversee activities relating to website development and management such as the development of websites and applications, ensuring functionality of websites and internet connectivity and building software applications to provide the technical architecture of the site, user interfaces, and back-end database.
- May serve as an expert on software architecture and programming principles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.