Lead Software Engineer, EHR Team at RXNT (Annapolis, MD)
Location: Annapolis, MD
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:21
At RXNT, we think of ourselves as a backbone to the US healthcare system. Every day, we provide the digital foundation on which healthcare professionals serve patients, order medications and lab tests, bill insurance companies, and interact with the wider healthcare community.
22 years of blood, sweat, and tears have taught us that this pursuit comes with great responsibility. It’s in the best interest of everyone if we hold ourselves to high standards, think rigorously, and at times, act urgently.
As a member of RXNT’s EHR team, you’ll work on the software that powers physician’s offices across the nation. Systems for scheduling of appointments, point-of-care, ordering labs and prescriptions, and more - all under the umbrella of one product. At some times, you’ll work inside of regulatory frameworks like CURES and FHIR, and at other times you’ll look outside of the box for innovative ways to improve user experience and patient outcomes.
We’re looking for self-motivated people who love to learn, are comfortable in a fast-paced and quickly-growing environment, and who seek ownership.
What you'll be doing
- As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for both the technical direction and successful implementation of RXNT’s EHR software.
- You will collaborate with management to identify, measure, and manage key product metrics, often “measured in 9s” (e.g. SLA, latencies, RUM, Lighthouse scores)
- You will collaborate with team managers to influence the direction of the product and drive technical progress
- You will collaborate with management to understand strategy and trends and proactively architect the software to address needs.
- You will quickly adapt to unfamiliar technologies and write code or debug wherever necessary throughout the technical stack.
- You will join an all-hands effort in 2021 to migrate RXNT’s billing software from on-prem to a containerized, robust Azure deployment (alongside qualified external consultants).
- You will typically review all code written by your team and uphold a high coding standard, inspired by best practices like the Joel test and 12 factor app methodology
- You will communicate regularly: empathizing with customers, mentoring teammates, and influencing stakeholders
You might be a good fit if you
- Have held a technical leadership role driving technical work for teams of 6+ engineers
- Have a proven track record (5+ years of experience) of architecting and engineering world-class, large scale commercial applications and services
- Are strong in computer science fundamentals (typically backed by a bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, or a bachelor’s degree or higher in a math or science field plus strong professional experience)
- Are comfortable designing systems appropriately based on needs (e.g. System Design Interview … - Alex Xu)
- Understand how modern data systems work and how to use them appropriately (e.g. Designing Data-Intesive Applications - Kleppmann, Martin)
- Are proficienct in multiple programming languages (e.g. object oriented, functional) and have exposure to a broad range of modern web paradigms (frontend frameworks, mobile, microservices, containerization)
- Have experience with cloud platforms is recommended (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Work on Open Source projects
- Speak publicly or write technical content
- Read voraciously