Software Development Manager at Betting Entertainment Technologies (Pty) Ltd (Umhlanga, South Africa)
Location: Umhlanga, South Africa
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:22
Joining Betting Entertainment Technologies (Pty) Ltd, aka BET, the technical arm of premier bookmaker, Hollywoodbets is an opportunity to become part of one of one of Sub-Saharan Africa’s biggest technological success stories. Our multiskilled team is passionate about pushing boundaries to create world-class solutions. We offer a dynamic work environment that supports learning and growth, a place where you can flourish amongst like-minded individuals. Currently on an exponential growth path, we’re increasing our footprint with the objective of establishing BET as a leader in global markets. Consider coming along for the ride…you’ll never be bored.
BET is seeking a Software Development Manager , The purpose of the role is to effectively lead the software development project teams throughout the organization to meet the set strategic objectives, Work closely with his/her team leads to effectively manage the software development projects throughout the organization to influence product development. The role will establish standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high-quality software.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for driving new technologies, processes, and any other change initiatives throughout their business verticals and across the organization as senior leaders. This role is part of the Senior Leadership team and will effectively manage the career development and output of the Team Leads in their direct reporting line.
- Relevant Degree or Diploma.
- A background in Development in a commercial environment.
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing a team/s.
Strategy, Objectives, and Execution
- Create, agree, and execute software development road maps and operational strategy for projects coming into the business in collaboration with respective portfolio teams through proper documentation, communication, and execution.
- Build effective customer centric relationships through measurements of performance and usage and engagement and involvement with customers by creating clear visibility through strategies and roadmaps.
- Sets and achieves efficient delivery objectives of their teams by ensuring individual and team strategy with clear and measurable objectives that align with organizational goals.
- Hold team accountable through road maps and individual performance contracts through consistent communication of delivery milestones.
- Accountable for articulating, monitoring, reporting, and achieving realization.
- Development of longer-term strategic thinking incorporating demand forecasting for a product or future projects.
- Utilization of data metrics to make data-driven decisions.
- Identifies and responds to situation/organizational/market requirements by creating a culture of innovation and opportunity identification by the team.
- Facilitates Change Management due to changing situational requirements e.g. restructure changes or adoption of new technologies.
- Supports and aligns standards across BET by allocating agreed commitments to strategy/roadmap/communication and implementation.
- Maintains product(s) knowledge as well as general product knowledge by being able to represent your product strategy in detail.
- Ensure the established procedures and processes are accurately documented, communicated, implemented, and agreed with product and or project teams.
- Acts as an escalation point for issues and ensures effective communication and resolution activities are in place.
- Effectively liaise and communicate with both internal and external key stakeholders at senior level to manage day-to-day issues, escalations, and expectations.
- Ensure all operational communication with customers/partners are documented and effectively circulated to stakeholders making use of collaborative tools.
- Engage with executive members or equivalent at customers/partners to ensure collaboration at all levels.
- Engage with the wider business and if needed hold strategic knowledge sharing sessions.
- Maintain and facilitate strategic stakeholder and communication analysis.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer care skills.
- Exceptional exposure to Talent Management and the capability to develop and nurture.
- Strong research and attention to detail capabilities.
- Ability to be dynamic and adaptable.
- Capability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Resilience and forward-thinking mindset (ability to be resourceful)
- Must have attention to detail and take accountability.
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.