Senior Backend Engineer (New Product) at Auth0 () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:52
Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
Auth0 provides the simplest and most secure identity platform for developers to make the internet safer. We believe in crafted software, in end-to-end ownership of projects and hyper-fast iterations. The company continues to grow rapidly and services major startups and enterprise customers. We are processing billions of logins for thousands of customers from startups to big organizations.
We are looking for an engineer to join a new team and help develop and ship a new product.
- Help ship a brand new product.
- Collaborate with the team on priorities, specs, and progress.
- Evaluate new technologies & techniques to improve overall practices.
- Craft the components of the solution, favoring well-documented, reusable, and testable code.
- Help design and develop a scalable and flexible architecture.
- Design, build, and maintain public APIs, used by Auth0 customers, as well as internal services.
- Once the product is released, be on-call and debug production issues across multiple levels of our stack.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers to build new features at large-scale.
- Refine engineering practices, standards, and tooling.
- Work with a modern stack: AWS services, Docker/K8S, NodeJS, GraphQL, Mongo/Postgres, Websockets, RabbitMQ, Redis, Cloudflare, etc...
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have experience developing and supporting intuitive and robust components/APIs.
- Are familiar with the challenges and approaches for designing interconnected, scalable systems.
- Take an iterative approach to development, dividing long-term goals into incremental milestones and react to customer feedback quickly.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Have familiarity with the tools we currently use, such as NodeJS, Mongo, Redis, RabbitMQ. However, we always try to use the best tool for the job, therefore we care more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or tool.
- Have experience working in a remote-first organization.
- Place a high value on security.
- Live in Canada.
- #LI-Remote; #CA;
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.