Full Stack Engineer, AWS, remote-friendly (UK) at Click Travel Ltd (Birmingham, UK) (allows remote)
Location: Birmingham, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:55
As a full stack engineer, and general cloud-based web practitioner, you know there's no such thing as "it works on my machine"
What you’ll do
- Work on the software that powers the Click Travel platform by writing Node.js, Java, Angular and React code and tests.
- Identify and keep track of metrics that tell you how your software is performing.
- Continuously improve your engineering skills and practises.
- Evangelise and spread your DevOps and Cloud Engineering mentality to your colleagues.
- Look out for ways to improve our development processes.
How you'll be doing it
- You're part of an agile, multidisciplinary team. You bring your unique skills and leverage them when collaborating with others to accomplish goals.
- You prioritise your work with the team, its lead and product owner, weighing both the business and technical value of each task.
- You experiment, test, try, fail and learn all the time - with one thing at a time.
- You use data available to determine the best approach.
- You constantly ensure code is running in production as early as is responsibly possible.
- You don’t do things just because they were always done that way.
- You don’t ignore the lessons learned, however - even those learned by others.
- You're smart, and can find ways to show us.
- You know and understand the challenges of distributed cloud systems.
- You can work with Node.js, or other AWS serverless friendly technologies such as Lambda and DynamoDB.
- You want to work with services that span from user-facing services, to the foundations that run them.
- You have expertise interacting with datastores.
- You find ways to communicate as part of your team.
- You are an agile engineer.
What we can offer you
An empowered working environment
- Flexible, remote first working - We have worked as a distributed company day to day for years. Colleagues across the business use Zoom, Slack, Miro and others in a constantly expanding toolkit. Meetings and collaboration are online by default - we even have teams experimenting with remote pairing tools.
- Strong ownership and open structure - We have a stable yet evolving tech stack directed by the people who are working on it. Everyone is free to drive change and introduce new ideas or tools to help increase our effectiveness as a department. We proactively work to ensure teams are not siloed and are working on the most impactful projects.
- Work flexibly - We work towards outcomes, so you can work in a way that balances with your life.
- Impact - We are a small product engineering team, so each colleague has the scope to be deeply involved in critical projects and deliver large outcomes for the company.
Benefits and personal development
- Competency driven personal development - Each person in our team is supported in their own personal development plan and encouraged to develop and challenge themselves through their work.
- Book club - We encourage our teams to read books together and use these to introduce new processes and ideas into the department.
- Parental leave, full sick pay, life assurance, holiday buy back scheme, discounted travel, pension, 1% charity time.
- Learning and development (coaching) training offered/courses.
- We have a office in Birmingham where you can work some or all of the time if you live within commuting distance.
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success.
What we require from you
- Located in UK
- Eligible to work in UK
Protecting and using your personal data responsibly is very important to us. To find out what happens to any personal data that you provide to us, or any that we may collect about you please read our Privacy Statement