Senior DevSecOps Engineer at CommBank (Eveleigh, Australia)
Location: Eveleigh, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:56
x15ventures is a dynamic venture-building outfit, powered by CommBank and designed to bring to life the next generation of digital endeavours whose services directly connect to our core business. By partnering with seasoned entrepreneurs, offering them support, guidance and critical access to our unmatched customer base and distribution networks, we’re not only empowering Australia’s most inspiring innovators, we’re reshaping banking as we know it.
Our tech stack is super modern, inclusive of Azure infrastructure-as-code, GraphQL APIs, React Native apps. We value clarity of thought, leveraging a clean, well-tested code that enables smooth sailing of DevSecOps way of work. We’re nominally based in CommBank’s amazing new facilities at South Eveleigh, but most of us work remotely and we have a remote-first culture.
This role will be ideal for an experienced Engineer who can drive and own an evolving DevSecOps practice. You will come with a tenacious attitude towards solving problems, be them for business or technology. Here you’ll work with top engineers who are collectively driven to provide industry-leading solutions to improve customer experiences with an Azure-native approach. You’ll report directly to the CTO, leading and driving solutions in their growing engineering team, shaping their goals & fostering an open minded, fin-tech culture for this exciting tech-centric venture!
You’re determined to innovate and create, fix what’s broken and speak up when something’s not right. Your analytical mind means data is part of every decision you make and you’re always on the lookout for improvement – from product delivery to honing your own skills.
What skills you will possess to be successful in this role?
- Demonstrated expertise in event-based processing using Azure framework, strong coding & scripting skills in NodeJS &Typescript, GraphQL APIs, along with a strong DevSecOps background in building highly secure CI/CD pipelines at scale would be mandatory.
- Solid skills in front-end development using ReactJS, ReactNative, NextJS or other modern frameworks would be highly essential.
- Extensive experience with infrastructure and application containerization using Docker and Kubernetes would be highly desirable.
- A true passion to learn new skills along with a positive ‘Can-do’ attitude would be highly desirable.
- A natural ability to effectively communicate with multiple product and software engineering teams, business stakeholders and other technical leadership groups would be critical.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible work options to support your emotional and mental well-being in the role
- An inclusive team culture that promotes collaboration and innovation at their core
- Amazing development and career progression programs to help you grow!