Senior Frontend Engineer (m/f/d) at Forto GmbH (Berlin, Germany)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:59
Our Company Simplifying global trade is Forto's mission from day one. Forto stands for scalable logistics technologies that allow users to own their entire supply chain. A one-stop shop and single face to the customer that would cover the entire process chain from quotation, booking, document management, track and trace all the way to proactive exception handling and supply chain data analytics. A growing team of over 250 technology and logistics experts at the eight locations, together with financing totaling over USD 50 million, forms the basis for further growth. Your role As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you build Forto's frontend that provides great user experience and supports global scalability and reliable operations. You will
- Design, implement and maintain features on our web platforms
- Contribute to our design system by building reusable components
- Work closely with our product designers to make the best decisions
- Optimize the platform to achieve maximum performance in different locations
- Constantly improve the platform’s performance, development experience, and processes
- Think like an architect, you are always aware of what needs to be improved and what is next for our web platforms
What you bring
- You have at least 6 years of experience building web applications
- You have a profound understanding of HTML, CSS, and browser capabilities
- You have at least three years of experience designing and implementing reusable components with React.
- You ideally know client-side state management using MobX or ReduxYou have a good understanding of CSS preprocessors, bundling tools such as Webpack or FuseBox, and accessibility.
- You have worked with UX/UI Designers and know how to work collaboratively in order to create an outstanding user experience
- You are always aware of front end trends and know how to leverage technology in order to empower our business and customers.
- You are a good tester: Unit, integration, and end to end testing
- You have good communication skills and fluent level of English
How Engineers at Forto work
- We are customer-centric: Our features are built for customers and our platform exists to provide the best logistics experience in the world
- We strive towards a modern stack: React, Typescript, NodeJS, ElasticSearch, and MongoDB on an event-driven microservice architecture running on Kubernetes
- We monitor our work: From product metrics to response times we track through Datadog
- We rely on Kanban-based workflow, push to release every day, deploy high automated test coverage, and monitor constantly
- Personal & Professional Development: Through a strong ownership from the first day on you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level and take the next steps of being an Expert or People Lead.
- Impact: We are leading the digital transformation of a whole industry and share a high awareness for environmental issues on all levels especially supported by our management. (Senior positions)
- Team: Join a team of over 30 nationalities and different background from Tech, Logistics, Business. What really matters to us is caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and not only straight CV's
- Working culture: Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made fast and knowledge sharing as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
Culture Check out our video to see what it is like to work at Forto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4A7kaUaN4w. At Forto, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Forto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.