React Developer - CRO Team (m/f/d) at Shop Apotheke (Cologne, Germany)
Location: Cologne, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:02:03
We are building the next generation European e-pharmacy. With over 70 colleagues in the engineering and product team, we design, develop and operate the online pharmacy for Europe: Shop Apotheke.
We are looking for a React Developer - CRO Team (m/f/d) to join us!
Our tech stack:TypeScript, ES6, React, Redux, Node.js, ESI, Varnish, Docker, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, REST-APIs
- You will be working as part of our Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) team - in this team we focus on understanding the customer and optimize the shop based on our learnings; e.g., via A/B testing and the analysis of on-site searches.
- You will play an active role in our developer community, participating in tech decisions and influencing the tech vision of your peers.
- You will create server-side rendered apps with React and Redux.
- You will follow the Atomic Design principles. Our component library was developed with our in-house UX designers and you will participate in continuously enhancing it.
- You will work on new features that are designed with high-performance and scalability in mind.
- You will work in a small, cross-functional team with other frontend and backend engineers, QA engineers, a Product Owner as well as an Agile Coach.
- You will work with colleagues that love collaborating and achieving successes together. Our company embraces an open feedback culture, allowing for open communication within our teams.
- You will design, code and deploy features that are used by millions of people across Europe. Our current active customer base is 6M customers.
- You understand that seniority is not the number of years of experience but the ability to make a genuine impact, to be proactive and to take ownership.
- You are experienced in building Single Page Applications.
- You have worked with React and Redux in production before.
- You are open to working 80% on the frontend and 20% on the backend.
- You can dockerize applications for local development, production deployments and know how to setup a CI/CD pipeline.
- You like to test your code before the QA engineers do it and you are experienced with unit and integration testing.
- You enjoy designing and building new features from scratch.
- You feel responsible for your code and actively check production logs/alerts to make sure it runs well as expected.
What we offer
- An agile and outcome-oriented organisation, where respect for talent and honest work are fundamental values.
- Direct communication, respect and collegial approach are vital points of our code of conduct.
- We are a diverse, international team and English is our working language.
- Your growth helps our growth. We have a training budget dedicated to the engineering team, and it’s up to you to choose what conferences or workshops you spend it on.
- In case you want to learn German, we support you with free German classes.
- You can devote 10% of your working time to personal development projects. Be it things that are close to your heart; frontend community tasks; or tackling a problem that you wouldn’t deal with otherwise.
- For parents, we offer a monthly subsidy for kindergarten.
- You are free to choose your operating system and your IDE - we pair it with powerful modern hardware that suits your needs perfectly.
- 28 days vacation per year.
- 10% employee discount on all OTC and BPC products in our online store.