Cloud Platform Engineer at SAP (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:02:04
Requisition ID: 281409Work Area: Information TechnologyExpected Travel: 0 - 10%Career Status: ProfessionalEmployment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. Thats why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because its the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve peoples lives.
About the role
As a Cloud Platform Engineer and member of our CloudOps team, you will be at the forefront of architecting, securely designing, and running the next generation of SAP Fieldglass platforms across cloud IaaS and PaaS services around the world. By partnering and collaborating with colleagues across technology teams, you will play a key role in guiding efforts around each platform’s best practices, enrolling colleagues in your designs, and building high-performance, secure, and distributed global platforms at scale to support our customers.
In this your responsibilities will be:
- Design, build and run the platform strategy for microservices and traditional 3-tier service architectures including IaaS, PaaS services for Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Alibaba, and SAP Cloud Platform.
- Guide research & design / PoC efforts for the latest public cloud, on-premise, and hybrid architectures.
- Engage, influence, and improve our culture of learning, including participation and driving best practices and principles based on industry experience, trends, and self-discovery.
- Collaborate with multiple technology teams to deliver highly-available, performant and secure platforms across multiple regions.
- Participating in on-call rotation and support activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
What do you need to bring:
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills.
- 3+ years of experience designing & implementing production-grade services in public cloud providers.
- 2+ years of experience scripting (e.g. Bash, Python, NodeJS, etc.).
- Experience in public cloud IaaS and PaaS architectures, patterns, and service offerings across Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Alibaba, and SAP Cloud Platform.
- Knowledge of container runtimes and formats such as Docker and OCI.
- Exceptional experience with Kubernetes, Infrastructure as Code, custom resource definitions, and Kubernetes operators (CKAD, CKA, or CKS is a plus).
- Working knowledge of SAP Gardener Platform.
- Experience with CI/CD tooling (e.g. Travis, Argo), with a GitOps mindset of leveraging automation over manual interference.
- Comfortable adapting to dynamic technologies, a self-starter, and a passion for technology and cloud.
- A commitment to Agile (Scrum), DevOps, and NoOps principles and practices.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If youre searching for a company thats dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.