Principal SRE / DevOPs - Cloud Engineering Infrastructure Development (JoinOCI) at Oracle (Bucharest, Romania)
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:02:05
We are looking for a talented and hands on DevOps/ SRE Engineer. Our mission is to automate menial tasks, application deployment and configuration, improve site reliability and achieve operational excellence. We are seeking SRE Engineers passionate about cloud computing and advocate of everything-as-a-code. Work with application delivery teams on the shared full stack ownership of a collection of services and/or technology areas. Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of production services. Work closely with agile teams to ensure they have the tools needed to write, test and deploy code with ease and ensure dev and QA satisfaction. You will build and maintain continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) environments, processes and tools
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Be an advocate of implementing SRE practices and standardized DevOPs tools in application teams.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Adopt the OCI standard tools and DevOps processes.
- Build CI/CD environments and streamline deployments for a variety of Enterprise Applications with Jenkins, Gitlab, and other tools
- Monitor and maintain production environment stability
- Collaborate with Agile teams in defining technical requirements and best practices with containerized and cloud-native applications
- Represent production support and site reliability in stand-ups, planning sessions, infrastructure code reviews, and architecture reviews
- Help evolve our configuration management (CM) efforts and our move to containers
- Agile methodology-based development
- Monitor, troubleshoot and manage production, testing and development environments.
- Troubleshooting applications in Production and Non-prod environments using DevOPs and SRE tooling.
- Build and maintain highly scalable, large scale deployments globally
- Recommend new technologies as components of a solution when appropriate.
- Supporting releases in production.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or closely related field.
- 9+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of Linux and networking fundamentals.
- Strong diagnostic, troubleshooting and fault resolution skills.
- Object-oriented programming experience, for example in Python or Java.
- Ability to rapidly learn new software, frameworks, open source tools and development languages.
- Write and review code to automate development and deployment processes
- Cloud experience (SaaS and PaaS)
- Strong knowledge of large-scale cloud hosted and micros-services architecture.
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems internals and troubleshooting.
- Strong hand-on experience on Shell, Ansible, Make and Scripting languages like groovy, Python or node.js
- Strong experience in IAAC e.g Terraform, Cloud-formation etc
- Understanding of containerization technologies like the following: Kubernetes, Docker, EKS etc,
- Experience with CICD tools like Drone, Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo, GITLAB CICD and understand its benefits, workflows, etc
- Experience in the tools for code, repository management (SVN, GIT) and artefact versioning using Artifactory, nexus etc
- Experience on project management tools such as JIRA, confluence etc and insight on quality analysis as well
- Experience in Monitoring, logging and Alerting tools e.g., Prometheus, Grafana, AppDynamics, Newrelic, Splunk, etc
- Good understanding and experience integrating quality and security assessment tools e.g., Junit, Jmeter, SonarQube, NexusIQ, Contrast, Selenium, Checkmarx etc.
- Context-switch between multiple projects / codebases / concepts with ease
- Understand software development at a fundamental level, use the best tools for the job, and always think about the future (at scale) when architecting solutions
- Knowledge on fundamental aspects for release automation (packaging, dependencies, promotion, deployment, compliance)