Senior Developer at SAP (Sofia, Bulgaria)
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:02:05
Requisition ID:270889Work Area: Software-Development OperationsExpected Travel: 0 - 10%Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives. The development center of SAP in Bulgaria is technology-focused and plays key role in the defining and developing of the SAP Cloud Platform. With its more than 1060 professionals, SAP Labs Bulgaria also has strong contributions towards life-cycle management, user interface & user experience across the broader portfolio of SAP products. For its 21-year history, the company has established itself as a preferred employer in the IT sector in Bulgaria.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Cloud Platform Integration is SAP’s strategic Integration Platform of choice (iPaas) based on SAP Cloud Platform. With more than 10,000 customers and an ever-increasing adoption, SAP Cloud Platform Integration is one of the most successful cloud services at SAP. In line with SAP’s multi-cloud strategy our service is running on various infrastructure providers including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Alibaba Cloud, GovCloud (AWS), etc., The unique value proposition of iPaas is to provide Out-of-the-box Accelerated Integrations through Pre-configured Content packages delivered by both SAP and its partners to seamlessly provide A2A, B2B and B2G Integration Solutions to cover for Cloud-Cloud and Hybrid environments which helps in significantly reducing integration project lead times for its customers.
We are looking for highly ambitious Senior Developer to join our exciting journey in building next generation Integration Solutions. As part of 100+ strong engineering team, you will.
- Contribute and gain experience in working, consuming & testing Customer like enterprise scale Cloud Engineering applications with DevOps culture at the heart of what you do.
- Have opportunities to work on cutting edge technologies like Microservice based applications, containers.
- Experience all the leading infrastructure and tools from AWS, Azure, AliCloud etc., this apart the opportunity to work with Databases like PostgreSQL and Messaging systems like Kafka.
- Experience working alongside globally distributed development teams.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As member of the “Cloud Delivery and Engineering Services” team you are expected to:
- Independently define/architect the Devops roadmap and deliver the services (like software update, landscape management, system monitoring, customer support, live site handling etc) according to defined Service Level Agreements.
- Responsible for development focusing on design, coding, testing, quality assurance of complex product issues/features in the team.
- Evaluate, use and extend open source frameworks heavily and possibly contribute to them, as well.
- Expert contribute to the maturation of DevOps for Cloud Integration with tooling/automation and troubleshooting skills.
- Active contribution to LIVE SITE issues with requirement to support during off-business hours and driving root cause analysis.
- Perform code reviews and active participation in maintaining the engineering standards.
- Work with geographically distributed teams seamlessly.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Solid understanding of web technologies, such as HTTP, HTML, CSS, XML, JSON, and/or AJAX.
- Working experience with server-side frameworks using Java (Spring, Struts or equivalent J2EE frameworks).
- Understanding how a browser dev tools works (i.e. TypeScript, ChromeDevTools, Sass, UIAutomator).
- Well versed in software engineering principles, frameworks, Agile Methodologies.
- Should be proficient in writing and maintaining manual and automated tests cases.
- DevOps mindset - Proficiency in cloud engineering & Testing practices like CI/CD test pipeline, Containerizing the tests, etc.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related subject Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Preferred skills but not mandatory
- Experience of working in distributed systems.
- Experience with Customer Implementation’s.
- Exposure to Microservices based applications, Containers.
- Product standard tests like Performance, Security.
- Knowledge of OData bindings into SAPUI5 is a plus.
- Exposure to SAP Cloud Platform (Cloud Foundry) Development.
Technologies/Tools/Architectures you could enjoy:Cloud Foundry, Microservices, Continuous Delivery, Spring Boot, Spring Reactor, Docker, Kubernetes, Swagger, Karaf, Camel etc.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.