Senior Software Engineer at Kink (San Francisco, CA)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:02:07
Kink.com is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our fun, disciplined, collaborative team based in San Francisco. This is a great opportunity for a full-stack or backend specialist to have a big impact on our products while enjoying our supportive, open-minded and diverse work environment. Our technology department is a space to enjoy the upsides of a revenue-generating, high-traffic site and infrastructure without the influences of a corporate tech environment.
What we need...
We’re looking for a creative problem solver who is resourceful in getting things done and productive working both independently and collaboratively. You will ideally feel excited to take on the following responsibilities:
- Redesign and maintain scalable data ingestion and processing systems
- Maintain and extend our existing solutions for capturing, storing and retrieving data for our affiliate and analytics platforms
- Design and build a recommendation system for our consumer-facing site
- Help maintain and improve code quality through unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Document and diagram work and communicate issues as appropriate
- Help troubleshoot production issues
- Eagerly dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Manage and mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- Offer leadership and guidance within the development team and the Technology department as a whole, including giving presentations and walkthroughs
- Ability to work remotely for the near future, with an eventual transition to working regularly in our downtown San Francisco office
Who we think will be a great fit…
We’re looking for engineers who value quality code, love solving problems and work well in a collaborative environment. You’re experienced as well as interested in learning new technologies. And, you want to work with smart people and have fun building something great.