Fullstack Engineer (Conversion Squad) at Zattoo (Berlin, Germany)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:02:07
We are looking for an enthusiastic Fullstack Engineer who will develop our backend systems for payment, account management, product catalogue curation, tracking, reporting and other aspects. You welcome fostering and extending of best practices around Backend and Frontend engineering. You value teamwork and good communication in the team and the organization as a whole. There is a strong emphasis on backend work for this position, however, some frontend experience is expected.
Zattoo’s Conversion team curates the product catalogue, maintains the shop for multiple platforms, maintains the account settings application and hosts and maintains the backend for talking to multiple payment-related APIs. To maintain and expand the current feature sets and ensure a stable shopping and payment experience for our customers we are looking for a Fullstack Engineer to join us.
Our product is present on multiple platforms and uses multiple payment backend systems ranging from Web and regular payment methods to the big screen and native apps with their respective payment backends. This presents a unique and interesting challenge for Fullstack development.
What you'll do
- Design, specify, build, deploy and maintain our various services and APIs.
- Clarify the requirements and design solution outlines together with the team and the organization as a whole.
- Suggest and implement enhancements and improvements to our various services and their architecture.
- Collaborate with other team members during feature development in order to foster a deep understanding of the systems and their requirements as well as inner workings.
- Build and maintain our internal back office web interfaces
What you'll bring
- Proven experience in software design and development
- Professional proficiency in Python or a similar language
- Experience in
- Developing (API oriented) Web Services in design and execution
- Creating and maintaining documentation (specifications, diagrams)
- Creating automated tests, preferably using Postman, Cypress, python
- Proficiency with common industry tools (GitHub, TestRail, Jira, Jenkins, Maven)
- Experience with third-party integrations (to our partners as well as to the various providers we use)
- Strong business analytical skills and question-asker mindset to clarify all details of the product
- Some experience with Angular, Vue or React
- You have strong ownership of your own projects or tasks as well as communication skills to transparently share its state
- Openness to share and gain knowledge, best practices and new technologies
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a similar discipline
- Bonus: Setting-up automation frameworks
- Bonus: Experience with payment systems or eCommerce system in general or subscription business in particular
Here's what we offer you
- Highly motivated, growing, diverse team made up of 33 different nationalities
- Flexible work schedules and options to work from home
- Flat hierarchies and open door policy
- Competitive compensation and vacation entitlement
- Social events ranging from company lunches and after work drinks to annual off site company events
- Free yoga classes, German language classes and health checks