Linux Engineer at team.blue NL B.V. (Leiden, Netherlands)
Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-09 05:00:15
We are looking to fill multiple positions for this vacancy.
Escalation Team is responsible for resolving infrastructure issues as technical escalation path for engineering teams. Our team works closely with Engineering and Product teams as well as other internal teams to ensure that our services rung smoothly.
- Act as a technical escalation path for engineering teams for critical incident prioritization
- Troubleshoot and resolve escalated incidents and issues
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and help preventing similar incidents by providing analysis to engineering teams
- Find gaps in automation workflow and help engineering teams to improve the system
- Develop and contribute to internal and external knowledge base articles
- Help the first tier support team and make sure they are up to speed with our operational practices
- Help engineering teams to improve monitoring and observability
- Manage critical situations through communication with other teams
- Pro-actively seek out issues that can affect the services and take necessary steps to resolve them
- Define and drive changes to our product with the Engineering teams
- Actively participate in ONCALL and support case deflection activities
- Go above and beyond to support product and engineering teams to achieve their operational goals
What your day will look like
As a Linux Engineer in Escalation Team, you will constantly monitor our infrastructure for failures. You will receive alerts about the systems that have failed (or are about to fail). You need to make the right decision in the shortest time to solve the problem. Your colleagues may reach out to you when they need help with a technical problem related to our infrastructure. You have to troubleshoot Linux servers to find what has failed or what is causing performance issues. After solving the problem, you have to think how we can prevent such failures? How can we improve our monitoring to pick up such failures, even before they happen? What key metrics should be monitored? How could we resolve the problem faster? What is missing in our documents or process? At the end of the day, you are in charge of ensuring our fleet runs smoothly and reliably.
Besides these projects and tasks, we also expect you to be able to cover second-line escalation support for our Continuity and PagerDuty shifts, which means you should be available to work outside of normal office hours.
What you have
- At least one year of hands on experience with Linux System Administration
- Ability to develop shell scripts
- Ability to work on-call rotation
- Living within the Netherlands
This is what you also look for in a job
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- The possibility to plan a sabbatical
- 25 vacation days based on a 40 hour workweek. Need more vacation days? No problem, because with us you have the option to buy more!
- A flat organization with an informal atmosphere, where everyone can be themselves
- Room for new initiatives and ideas, because we never stop improving is one of our core values
- A personal training budget of €1500 per year
- Discount on all of our products and services
- Work from home compensation, so that you can finance your coffee addiction
- Everything that you need to be able to work well from home is provided by us – we will set up your home office (almost) completely!
- Cozy digital Friday afternoon drinks
- A fantastic office (for when we can go back)
This is team.blue
team.blue is the compelling idea behind several of the greatest European digital brands. We originated in 2019 by merging three customer-obsessed hosting groups: Combell Group, TransIP Group and Register Group. We now live in more than 15 European countries and act under several brand names, with a bloodline that represents total commitment to our more than 2 million customers.