Frontend Engineer (Team Funda in Business) at funda (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-09 05:00:37
Funda is on the lookout for amazing developers to join our team. If you want a job that is impactful, modern and touches the lives of everyone in the Netherlands, this is it. At Team Funda In Business you will focus on our commercial real estate platform. Together with your colleagues you’ll think of ways to improve the user experience on our platform.
Your jobThey may say that you are a front-end professional, but you would rather see yourself as a well-rounded Software Engineer. You have a creative mind with an eye for quality and know your way around frameworks like Vue.js. You wouldn’t want to call yourself a Fullstack Engineer but you know enough to have an informed discussion on how to properly build an API.
We’re looking for a Frontend Engineer to strengthen the Funda In Business team. Where funda.nl shows you (almost) all the houses for sale within the Netherlands, fundainbusiness.nl show you the commercial real estate like offices, flexible workplaces, agriculture, hospitality buildings, garages, etc. Since these are special use cases with special needs, we have a team at Funda completely dedicated to serving this market. In the end this means finding the right balance in creating features and a good user experience for both commercial real estate seekers and the commercial real estate agents who publish their listings on our business platform.
Your teamAs a Frontend Engineer, you will be part of a Scrum team, consisting of a Product Owner, UX Designer, other Engineers and an Agile Tester. Together, you will focus on an area of expertise. There will be plenty of room for new ideas, experimentation, trial and error, and on-the-spot learning
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a comparable role
- Experience with Vue.js
- A track record of building complex applications with simple code
- Enthusiastic about new technologies and prepared to experiment with those
- Experience with Agile methods (we use Scrum)
Experience with the following would make us extra happy:
- Deep understanding of front-end performance
- Utility-first CSS frameworks like Tailwind CSS
- Experience building applications with Nuxt.js
This is what we offerFunda offers you one of the most challenging jobs in your field. Whether you work in the office or from home, we’ll make sure that funda feels like home to you. On location, you and your colleagues will work in the heart of Amsterdam, with our own ‘funda square’ and an unobstructed view of the IJ river. If you work from home, you’ll stay connected to your colleagues through Microsoft Teams, and we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need for your home office.
You’ll be working with more than 140 great (international) minds, who will make you feel welcome from the start. To us, it’s only logical to take good care of our talents, and therefore of you. If you come to work with us, we offer you:
- An excellent salary with an annual bonus scheme and 25 days off (you can buy more days if you need them).
- Flexible working hours.
- Reimbursements for your telephone, home internet, travel expenses, gym and part of your pension.
- Heavenly chair massages 6 times a year (at the office, during working hours).
- Chef-prepared fresh lunch every day (when you’re in the office), ranging from soups to salads, fresh bread rolls from the baker and a snack every Friday.
- Dinners, team outings, drinks and a birthday present. And during lockdown periods, funda offers great virtual alternatives.
- The opportunity to attend congresses and follow courses and classes, because at funda, we believe that learning never stops. You can also get your creative juices flowing during our hackathons.
Interested?We like to act swiftly at funda. So here’s what you can expect from us:Get startedYou can apply by sending your CV and cover letter (or video) via the application button.Hooray!Into the next round? Then one of our recruiters will invite you for a telephone screening.And then...If you have passed the telephone screening and the technical assignment, we will schedule that first job interview with you as soon as possible. You can expect a maximum of two rounds of interviews.To case or not to caseFor this vacancy, after a successful telephone screening, we will invite you to do a technical assignment.
More information?Call or WhatsApp recruiter Tessa de Beurs via +31- (0)6 46 87 77 26 or Kim Thomas via +31- (0)6 15 02 74 86, or send an email to [email protected]
We take COVID-19 very seriously. Most funda employees are working from home. However, this does not stop us from striving for a swift and enjoyable recruitment process. Our procedures haven’t changed, they will just happen virtually. Our recruiters will stay in touch with you, every step of the way.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated. No rights can be derived from CVs that are supplied unsolicited.