Frontend Engineer - React Native at Omio (Berlin, Germany)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-09 05:00:38
Frontend Engineer - React Native
Berlin-based offered with flexi working (currently fully remote due to Covid).
(Ideally, you will be already based in Berlin, or willing to move along with EU citizenship or a current working visa) - we have stopped sponsoring currently due to Covid-19 :-(
We are searching for a mid-level or Senior Frontend Engineer to join our awesome Berlin team and play a key role in delivering technology solutions to improve the user experience and engagement throughout our search funnel across our different platforms.
At Omio, we share a common goal of “making travel easy.” We believe we’re helping scope the future of travel and want you to help us on our journey!
You will join the Retention tribe in Berlin, working with the Personalisation pod. Our team is a full-stack, multi-platform team delivering solutions to improve Omio’s user personalisation. Together with your peers, you will build new products that help to automate and personalize our user experience. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a cross-functional team where tech, product, design and Data Scientists work together to deliver outstanding solutions for our customers.
What you will do:
- Create robust frontend solutions using state-of-the-art technologies. You will build components that are used throughout all of Omio’s frontends (mobile, desktop, apps)
- Work with your team to rapidly test ideas on users, use results for iterations and improve our product
- Test new languages, libraries and frameworks and evaluate their potential to make sure we never stop innovating. You will share best practices with other teams and help make those a company standard.
- Build highly reusable frontend components that can be dynamically mounted in any react frontend
- Apply your engineering experience to automate processes and help to guide the team during the decision making
Our technology stack is diverse and ever-changing.
Examples of the technologies we currently use and you’ll be working with include (but are by no means limited to):
- Tooling (package managers, semantic versioning, releasing, Webpack, etc)
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Ability to write well-formatted, structured and clean code that interacts with backend technologies
- Experience with modern front-end build pipelines and tools (we use webpack)
- Experience with micro-frontends, CI/CD pipelines, Docker/Kubernetes
- Optional but big plus:
- Experience withTypeScript
- Experience with GraphQL
What can you expect from joining Omio?
- Play an integral role in a fast-moving company taking on a great challenge
- An office in the centre of Berlin’s thriving startup scene
- Flat hierarchies and everyday opportunities to learn, grow and develop
- A diverse team of over 40 nationalities
Are you the great senior developer we are looking for? We're excited to hear from you!