DevOps Engineer at Scripbox (Bengaluru, India)
Location: Bengaluru, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-10 05:00:40
Scripbox is India’s largest and best-established digital wealth management service that helps its customers create wealth for their long-and-short-term goals.
Founded in 2012, Scripbox is a pioneer in the digital financial services category and is recognised for creating simple and elegant user experiences in a complex domain. We do this by simplifying complex investing concepts and automating best practices, so our customers can grow their wealth without worry. We achieve this by combining cutting-edge technology, data-driven algorithms, awesome UX and friendly customer support.
Our task is ambitious and we like to work hard as well as smart. We want to build a team that relishes challenges and contributes to a new way of thinking and investing in India. We are also invested in the growth of our colleagues and providing a supportive and thriving working environment for everyone. We have been recognised by Great Place To Work® as one of India’s best companies to work for.
We are looking for creators who can build products that our customers love. The challenge for you will involve understanding, and building for, an unforgiving consumer who invests a lot of trust into the product YOU will build. Your product will be used by thousands.
Scripbox is making a difference in the world of personal finance and investing and we would like you to be part of the team that makes it happen.
You'll be responsible for:
We are looking for an expert who would be responsible for overall performance and reliability of Scripbox's infrastructure. You will design and implement tools that automates building reliable and performant systems.
You would work with our product engineering team on these example challenges:
- Efficiently automate AWS infrastructure for ease of use by all product teams
- Automate alerts and configure those with dynamic thresholds
- Determine causation and correlation of events in our infrastructure
- Advocate and implement reliable design patterns such as circuit breakers, graceful degradation etc.
- 2+ years of experience in running production infrastructure at high scale
- Experience working with any of the cloud providers, AWS/Azure/GCP
- Solid understanding of containers (docker). Hands on experience working with them.
- Good to have exposure to Kubernetes or other container orchestration systems.
- Clear on fundamentals of monitoring a system and setting up alerts. Plus points if you’ve worked on Grafana, Prometheus, ELK, etc.
- Passion to automate things and workflows.
- Experience in the Linux environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals: filesystems and modern memory management, threads and processes, the user/kernel-space divide, etc.
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing and load balancing
- An eye for automation and instrumentation
- The ability to decompose complex systems and find failure scenarios
- Entrepreneurial spirit. Everywhere you go, you can’t help but mobilize people, build things, solve problems, roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond, raise the bar. You are an insatiable doer and driver
- Strong execution and organization. Your team will be working with engineers and product leads at the bleeding edge of the development cycle. To be successful in this role, you should be comfortable executing with little oversight and be able to adapt to problems quickly
You can read more about what we do on [our technology blog] - https://medium.com/@scripbox_tech