Software Developer in Test at Sky UK (Isleworth, UK)
Location: Isleworth, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-10 05:00:40
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“JOIN A TALENTED TEAM OF DEVELOPERS AND AUTOMATION TESTERS WORKING ON THE SKY’S AWARD-WINNING SKY Q PRODUCTS, SUCH AS THE SKY Q USER INTERFACE AND THE SKY GO APPS.We are expanding the team to work on exciting new projects and platforms and are creating new systems and features that make using them a great customer experience. This could include streaming various content types, set up and control of devices, analytics” – Senior Scrum Master
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
– Use and enhance our Test Automation Frameworks as well as creating bespoke frameworks.
– Work across enterprise and digital applications such as BI/DW, Web and Mobile.
– Implement leading and Open Source tooling and best processes (GIT, SVN, Jenkins, JIRA, Selenium).
– Implementing BDD transformation and help develop new initiatives.
– Collaborate with developers and business/product owner to clarify requirements, especially in terms of testability and completeness.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
– A deep level understanding of Software Testing and / or Quality Assurance.
– Previous technical development experience within an Agile (TDD / BDD) or environment.
– An understanding of Open Source automation tools and frameworks (Selenium, Cucumber).
– Agile Software Testing related qualifications preferred but not essential.
– Experience using Continuous Integration tools (Hudson, Jenkins etc.), version control solutions (GIT, SVN etc.)
– Experience with JIRA – Defect Management and reporting
– An interest to work in Continuous Delivery / Integration.
Group Product: We’re the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we’re collaborative, empowered and innovative – together, we’re proud that everyone’s favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.