Software Engineer Summer Co-op at Quantum Mob (Toronto, ON, Canada)
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-11 05:00:32
At Quantum Mob, we help ambitious companies build successful digital products. We are a Toronto-based digital innovation partner that provides custom tailored solutions by solving complex enterprise business problems with digital solutions. Our world-class team has helped clients launch, scale and transform with work that has been used by millions of people in over 150 countries worldwide. Our clients include cutting-edge early-stage startups to elite Fortune 500.
The Role - Summer Coop (May - August)
As a Software Engineer Intern you'll be paired up with a mentor working on both the front end and back end of our web or mobile applications. Working within the engineering team, your duties will require you to assist in the development of applications. This role is ideal for entry level developers who feel confident in their technical ability and want to contribute to and learn from a highly-skilled engineering team.
What you will be doing
- Write maintainable, testable, and performant software in collaboration with our world class team
- Participate in code review and performing extensive testing to ensure high quality software
- Research new technology and tools and share those findings with the team
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all members of our team
Who are we looking for
- Started and currently be enrolled in a Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar program in a University or College
- Strong command of important core programming and computer science concepts
- Fundamental knowledge of core web principals (HTTP, browsers, the DOM, SSL, web servers)
- Great interpersonal skills - we work very closely together as a team and require a lot of communication
- Proactive personality, and a desire to deliver your best work
- A love for improving software development workflows/process
If your interest is piqued, please apply by clicking on below link. We'd love to hear from you. Also, be sure to check out other listings on our Careers page.
Quantum Mob is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer. As such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. At Quantum Mob, we are dedicated to creating an inclusive culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.